Compression

First and foremost the compressor reacts to what it hears'. I.e. in this case the vocal seems nicely tone balanced- 'trim in terms of no excess low end -from too close mic placement for an example. Whether via eq or good mic placement, the comp can then track the vocal well.

Just to add this also includes the compressor not being asked -expected to fix excessively large track level issues in general. (too much gain reduction chasing/leveling things that should have been corrected up stream -better mic control, corrections at pre-insert gain envelopes...

I'd hazard to guess, but it sounds like fairly fast attack and release. Start with some lower ratios and not too low thresholds so it isn't clamping down to the point of 'hearing it working.

Last edited:
The compressor settings are determined by the Original Sound you recorded and the tempo of the song. So its impossible to tell you.

But all you need to do is learn what each setting/knob does on a compressor and then you can dial in anything you want.
Read this, I wrote it a few weeks ago, it explains compressors in very simple terms that a beginner can understand
AUDIO COMPRESSOR EXPLAINED IN SIMPLE TERMS

Back