Clicks on my CD's

bball jones

I am happy to report that my CD-R is intact and working fine. But, I am having this little problem with the finished product - (cd).
At the start of every track there is an almost inaudible click - at first I didn't notice it. But now it is starting to drive me crazy. I am using the adaptec software that came with the Teac CD-R. Would moving on to something like Red Roaster eliminate the introductory clicks ?

Possibly another program may work better for you. Avoiding the obvious, these clicks are not apparent on the source material of course.

Are you burning "track at once" or "disc at once". Try disk at once if you haven't already. If you do decide to switch software, check out Wavelab, expensive but a very good integrated burner.

I been doin' disc at once-
'cause me, being the time conscience idiot I am, think this is the fastest way. I most definately will check out the track at once options.

Several times I have been - this close - to bringing Wavelab home. Hasn't happened yet.

thanks Emeric

I have your answer...

the reason for the clicks in the end of the tracks in DAO is because Adaptec is a piece of crap. CD "time code" is measured in minutes, seconds then frames. I'm pretty sure theres 75 frames/second. What happens in adaptec is that if the track does not end on an exact frame, adaptec fills the end of the frame and the sudden change in amplitude causes your click. Go into your audio editor set the view to frames and turn snapping on. End your track on an exact frame and the clicks go away.

Yes, I have Red Roaster, and it usually works fine. I get a very loud click sometimes at the beginning of a WAV file I import, and here's how I've learned to solve it: When recording (in Cakewalk Pro Audio), I offset the timing of the song so that it doesn't start right at 00:00:00 (going to frame 05 or so instead). I start recording at 00:00:00 and the resulting WAV file is clean.

However, Roaster isn't on the market anymore. Now you have to get the lowest level of Amplitude from Magix (who bought the software from SEK'D). I hear it isn't cheap.

If you get an old version of Roaster, beware of some strange things: It has to recognize your sound card in order to work, and it has to recognize your CD-R drive in order to burn. If you have a new drive (put out since the last version of Roaster), Magix may not be able to help you get support for it. These problems may not occur in Samplitude, since it's been updated more recently.

--Norman

Back