can anyone directx me?

LordSire

I see a lot of linx and references to and for vst plugins but are there any dx linx or companies offering free fx plugins(mainly compressor and eq), other than sony(sound forge)?

I've tried that "wrapper" thing and haven't had any luck getting it to act right. Plus i've been told that you can only use one vst wrapper at a time.

Since i work on cool edit, it would be nice just to go with instant access, than through all these procedures of "wrapping" and the such, right when i'm in the middle of a groove, y'know?

Lastly, if it's possible. For those who respond, if you are familiar with the ones you recommend it would be doubly sweet if you can supply some info on if they are in the same "competing field" as sony's plug-ins. I would hate to try all sorts of plugs that are considerably lower in quality than what i already own

Thanx, Tree.

And i'll be able to use this on my cool edit without a wrapper? (I assume the "win" application is the one i download?). I'm only familiar with cep's 2.1 set-up as far as comp and the like. And im sorry. My knowledge only goes as far as what you've guys taught me. lol. Im just now getting the hang of understanding ratios and thresholds, attack and release times, etc. It seems that there are no controls for those functions, labled as such. So i might have to get back with you soon (real soon), on translation of the controls and the definitions of the names on said controls. And how they will translate the lingo of their controls, to what im already famililar with.

Does these fishphone people have any eqs worth talking about, and/or giving a try?

Back