Black Sabbath S/T vocal reverb

LoudRobedPriest

Hi, everybody! This is my first post here.

I'm wondering if anyone knows what kind of reverb settings one could use on vocals to get something similar to the first Black Sabbath album, and possibly what kind of reverb unit was used and to really stretch my luck: Name a VST plug-in that has a similar sound to the one originally used.

I'm not talking about the later signature doubled take sound, only the first album. I know it's not special, I just really like it and have little experience with reverb.

I love the sound of that album as well, its IMO the best Sabbath album ever released.
I'm not certain what reverb they used, but if I were to but my money on anything I'd say they used a Plate reverb.
There are plate reverb vst's out there out there, some are good some not so much, for my money the best one was the one on the UAD Card, but if you are going for something cheap go with the audio damage reverence.

There is a small chance that its a chamber, but I agree with Nakatira, that is most likely a plate. Also part of that sound is that the arrangements are pretty sparse and the other sounds are not that big, so there is a lot of space to hear the verb.

Back