Best Waves Plugins

ndycus1

I was wondering what everyone's favorite Waves plugins were in the following categories:

FAVORITE OVERALL:
FAVORITE EQ:
FAVORITE COMPRESSOR:
FAVORITE REVERB:
ANY OTHER NOTABLE PLUGINS:

(can you please state your favorite and an explanation of why it is your favorite)

Thanks so much for your input!

I'm digging my new Q-clone eq... although a bit of tweaking inside would be better. Otherwise Ren eq, or Waves 10 band eq for clinical stuff.

The L3 maximiser (not multimaximiser) for best Limiter. It just does it's job... simple as.

Ren Compressor is fantastic although Renvox is perfect on vocals.

Reverb... IR-1 by a mile - although Trueverb is very usable once you get your head around it and is much easier on the CPU.

I also constantly use the L1 for its expander qualities... really smooth.

In fact, anything by Waves has a great quality to it (I'm lucky enough to have Diamond bundle! :cool: ). They all have there uses.

I hope this helps. ;)

Best overall: Linear phase multiband. mmm, great for tightening up the lo end and also fixing problems in the mids/highs if there ever should be any.

Renaissance EQ. Like the ease of use and the quick control with little lag. sounds good too if not used too much in the hi end.

R-comp. Easy too use, good pre sets for starting points. Smooth sounding and works well as a compressor.

Rverb. Not sure why just prefer it to Trueverb. smooth tails can be acheived. although is noticeable it is digital sometimes. ahh.

L2. quick n simple.
Stereo expander in Wavelab. great wee plug-in. Puncher in Wavelab is alright sometimes. Just a compressor with less settings.

RenVox on vocals although the simplicity of this thing scares me! I feel bad because anything this easy must have a drawback.

Back