best analog console

jmorris

best analog console for mixing under 3000

what is your fav. analog console for strictly mixing under $3000.00

Last edited:
I'd just get a summing unit. You can probably come close to a Neve for around $3k. For a full-featured mixing console, you aren't going to find much for $3k...

I'd just get a summing unit. You can probably come close to a Neve for around $3k. For a full-featured mixing console, you aren't going to find much for $3k...

Same thing I was thinking.

I'm still waiting on SSL to get desperate enough to drop into that range though I'd imagine even the big companies would skimp so much at that price that it still wouldn't be worth it...

Full featured..well dont need that. Mainly I'd like a console that has a real nice analog sound I can run my individual DAW tracks through for a mix.Something with nice eq's. Presently if I want to go through console I run chain as follows. Pc-Motu 2408 mk3-Alessis hd24 hard disc recorder to console. Im a little concerned about the fact I run through both the motu and the Alessis. I have to wonder if to much in the signal chain. I have to arm the HD to record to get signal through it. Of course this will be true of any analog console. Maybe a summing amp as Masive mentioned. Would that be basically a 2 channel strip I would mix through?

Last edited:
anyone hads experience with a Dynamix 3000? It was used by Dave Stewart for Eurthymics cd and Traveling Wilburys.

Back