Anyone Use Soundforge?

bean 123

I wonder if anyone uses soundforge for their mastering. I use the normalizer, reverb and compressor and wonder how others use it (specifically) to master their stuff? What is ultramaximzer anyway?????(but it sounds real cool!)

My buddy, which is also pro, use SoundForge, but i use WaveLab: 6 insert slots and realtime operation.
Ultramaximizer ( L1 ) is Waves plug-in, look-ahead limiter with dithering and most advanced algorhytms for peak compression.
This is most abused plug-in in this century by now. It is very transparent, and it is used for final level maximizing as a last effect in chain. ;)

In additon to what Igor said..the Wave Hammer is Sound Forge,s equilavent to the L1.

Although the Wave hammer has more editable parameters..the L1 simply sounds better...this of course . is just my opinion.

I do the about the same as Trackrat...another STW Mastering Compressor user...cool....!!! :D

I love the STW stuff! Check out thier EQ's as well - they have a Mastering EQ I use and an even better PMEQ with built-in phase analysis I NEED....

They offer 14 day demos at www.sonictimeworks.com

...BTW...I don't sell for them...I just like their stuff....:)

zip >>

I use Sound Forge 5.0 and the Waves native pack, mainly from which I use L1+ and C1 and sometimes Q10. Depending on the quality of your compression before normalization, the L1 makes a big difference in the overall level over what the standard "normalize" does in sound forge. The sound is very good too, and it offers some nice dithering and shaping features.

Back