Anyone care to collaborate?

question444

Do any drummers or whatevers care to collaborate on something over internet? I think it would be an interesting process. I mainly write vocal/guitar. I play a little drums too but don't have means to record at this point. Perhaps I would learn a lot from you, or opposite. Here's some of my influence: Remy Zero/Spartan Fidelity..Louis Schefano..U2..Vast..Crowded House. thanks -p

I have some really good advice. Dont waste the time I did to finish a project I am happy about. Learn how to do midi drums. I use an Alesis DM5 and write the drum tracks. Yea it doesnt sound like a real drummer. Its close enough for me. Thats what matters to me. It thats it for you do it. Use a Staff view and experiment with all kinds of beats and fills, velocities, etc. Its tedious and can be VERY tedious but it will let you create rather than stop you. Good luck. Its all in the Staff view. :)

Umm... Maybe. I play more punk styles though so there's probably someone out there who's more into your kind of music than me.

What did you have in mind?

I'm not really desperate for drums, or anything, I just thought it would be interesting to collaborate over the internet with someone of like tastes. punk? i don't know where to start, what do you have in mind? hehe

i will be happy to. Sry, but guys that use midi and drum machines, i have SOO little respect for you! Drums are more than just to keep time, much more. Thats a downgrade for you!

DuoToneBand said:
Sry, but guys that use midi and drum machines, i have SOO little respect for you!

What about the guys that dont have a real drummer...but still want to make (what we think is)...kick ass music!!!!! ????????????? :D

nonreversebird said:
I have some really good advice. Dont waste the time I did to finish a project I am happy about. Learn how to do midi drums. I use an Alesis DM5 and write the drum tracks. Yea it doesnt sound like a real drummer. Its close enough for me. Thats what matters to me. It thats it for you do it. Use a Staff view and experiment with all kinds of beats and fills, velocities, etc. Its tedious and can be VERY tedious but it will let you create rather than stop you. Good luck. Its all in the Staff view. :)

I have no respect for a guy who pretty much states that he wasted time by using a drummer. I have no patience !

Back