Anybody record Vietnamese music?

nbtech_2001

So I've been presented with a lot of cash and a little situation as well. I can probably have enough of these clients for years to come if i just get this one album I'm recording done correctly, also I don't know a word of Vietnamese. That's kind of OK because my partner speaks it fluently. Does anyone or has anyone recording this type of music? My main problem is EQ'ing the vocals. The vocals, to me, are somewhat a mixing nightmare! The language of Vietnamese requires that the voice rise, fall, dip, and spike with a sometimes very "nasal" intonation. This "nasal" intonation tends to cause a crazy resonance in some frequencies that peak off the charts! How do I correct this and smooth it out?:confused:

Can anyone shed some light on this unique situation? Thanks!

I've done some, believe it or not. I didn't have the resonance problems you are having, but I would just find them and kill them with a parametric, then apply some compression.
The weird request always was to pitch the vocals UP. In the Vietnamese culture, I was told, they place a high value on youthfulness, so they always wanted to make their vocals sound "younger."

Have fun and good luck!

Back