Any Alloy 2 Opinions?

jamusic

Hello all,

I couldn't find a dedicated VST section to post in, so I'm thinking this is the place for a VST mixing plugin question.

There's 2 days left to purchase Alloy 2 for basically half price. [$99.00.]

But I'm wondering: any opinions, thoughts, yays or nays?

I've had my eyes on this one too. It sounds like Alloy is better than the alternatives from Toontrack and Ik Multimedia, but I still wonder if it's appropriate for mix work to go straight for Ozone (which is very highly regarded, but marketed more toward mastering applications).

I have both. I find Alloy pretty useless, to be honest. It just doesn't sound good to me. Ozone is great if you're going for that highly produced dance music sound (Pink, Kelly Clarkson), but on regular rock tunes it's too much a lot of the time. It has it's own parallelling function, but even with that set all the way to dry, I find myself putting it on it's own channel so I can turn it down some more.

I've had my eyes on this one too. It sounds like Alloy is better than the alternatives from Toontrack and Ik Multimedia, but I still wonder if it's appropriate for mix work to go straight for Ozone (which is very highly regarded, but marketed more toward mastering applications).

Wow Bane - only 67 posts here? Much catching up to do to equal your post count on Steinberg - but I think you'll get there. :eatpopcorn:

Some have said that they actually use Ozone in place or instead of Alloy. I do have Ozone 5 already, but as said above by John, even that can be a bit much at times.

Myself, I don't do the whole Pink or Kelly type of 'stuff'.

So I may have limited use for Ozone as it is. Perhaps Alloy is a good in between, although that isn't the first time I've seen someone say they don't use it all that much.

Back