Amazing new way of remixing songs.

phlopip

:eek:just saw this on the news. say you have a favourite song by an artist but you hate the solo part, or you'd like to remove the drums entirely to add your own, now you can!

Hit'n'Mix DJ Mashup Software

brand new software that allows you to strip down songs and remix individual elements on ANY song in your collection.

what does everyone think?

how is this spam exactly? i posted a thread in the mix section that is regarding a piece of software primarily for remixing songs.

Perhaps you could start a discussion about how, exactly, it would work... any time someone seems to post questions about how to remove a vocal from an MP3 track, the usual response from professionals seems to be "impossible" - at least without severe degradation to the track, and that's just a lead vocal, which, more often than not is sitting dead centre.... but here we have magic software that can not only do that but also get rid of the annoying whiny rhythm guitar panned to the left as well.

I'd love to know how they can do it - or think they can....

Also the legal ramifications of taking people's work and amending it.

I thought that we have been all up and down with this and you just can't do it with any hopes of professional results. Unless it's a kind of Karaoke software that takes a huge chunk out of the files.

There is no small amount of skepticism amongst the ranks of those who have responded, and not without just cause.

There are a couple of problems with the OP's original post.

1 Writing a teaser and providing a link is typical of spammers. I saw the link and refused to click on it. I could not tell whether it was genuine or not, and I didn't want to risk it being not.

2 Not being willing to say how you found it helpful, and instead, asking people to try out the free demo is again not useful. I don't want to download strange software.

Armistice was right: how about you start a discussion on it, explore and explain its benefits and disadavantages, and give us some assurance that it is not spam?

after reading back my original post i can see if could look like an advertisement or that i am an endorser or employee of the company. i am not. i saw it on BBC news and looked into it. i downloaded the free demo software and tried it out. i think it's a good attempt at what we all would like from a piece of software like this. however, i feel it needs refining to an extent as some features such as changing the pitch or key of elements of the song give it an unatural sound. but, it IS free to try, i just thought people would wanna try it is all.

it's no problem. i don't honestly think i'd really use it as a tool, but its a quirky thing to try out and kinda gives a glimpse of what may be possible in the future.

I saw it via the BBC link. I'm quite interested in it. I need to remove vox from a track without doing too much damage to the rest of it for vocal practice purposes. I know there are karaoke tracks available but I can never seem to get them in the keys I need. But there's these three vocalists who are dead on for me, but they've got no versions in Karaoke. Or for removing the lead or rhythm guitar parts for practice purposes. So I'll try out the demo and see if it is actually usable.

Is the demo fully functional for the time period limit?

i believe there are some limitations to the demo, although i don't know the exact details and it'd be best to look on the site.

Rami, i dont have to prove anything. I already said "i think it's a good attempt at what we all would like from a piece of software like this. however, i feel it needs refining to an extent as some features such as changing the pitch or key of elements of the song give it an unatural sound. but, it IS free to try, i just thought people would wanna try it is all".

It can't be done without sounding like shit.

Prove me wrong.

Not going to try. The remove notes feature is disabled in the demo. Funny. The one feature I wanted to test. So I'm not going to even DL it. What are they afraid of? Most quality software cos. have fully functional demo versions of stuff that work for 10 to 30 days. Some will have the "save" feature disabled, but no critical components disabled. Not going to risk the money.

yes i tried it.

yes it works...to an extent. the removal of parts works yes. it's easy to use, and is acurate at highlighting different instruments in songs. what doesn't work so much is the pitch changing effects as it sounds a bit . . . crap.

i can't help with the omelet. sorry.

as i said. the removal of parts and selecting different instruments works fine. the part that doesnt work so great is the pitch shifting of instruments.

The remove notes feature is disabled in the free demo, going by their list of what is enabled and what is not.

Back