Allen & Heath ZEDi 10FX question

thebusker

Hello........
I am a newbie owner of a A&H ZEDi 10FX mixer, with a question I cannot find the answer to either in the User Guide or online.

Also, I am a live performer, not a studio technician, so my recording knowledge is limited but adequate..

Usually, when I record into Logic ProX on my iMac, I record a dry signal and do all the signal processing within Logic.

My question is regarding sending a recording signal (via usb) using the A&H ZEDi 10FX onboard effects POST eq & fx. (For instance when I want to record directly to the iMac onboard camera but using the mixer as the (eq & fx treated) audio signal.
I believe that the recording signal sent to the computer (via USB) is taken directly from the input gains of the mixer, thereby bypassing the onboard EQ and FX.

Am I missing something simple? Having tried various onboard signal route switching, I cannot find a way of adding the onboard FX or EQ to the USB record signal.

I have however succeeded by creating an auxiliary mix, adding EQ and FX on that route and feeding the computer through the iMac's analogue "line in", not perfect but passable.

It appears on the mixer Block Diagram, that the USB record source is shown as "Default-Pre EQ". Is there a way to internally change this, or is this common to all usb mixers?

As I said earlier, perhaps I am missing some simple onboard signal route switching, but I have tried many options without success.

I hope I have explained my question clearly and thank you for reading....

Any help GREATLY appreciated.....Brian

Back