Alesis Monitor One MK2 passive. Any good?

toka

Hey!

Im planning to buy the Alesis Monitor One MK2 passive studio monitors. Ive read some good review about these monitors on the net and heard some good comments from people around. Also they are not so expensive.

Anyone uses these monitors? What are your opinions?

Also can anyone recommend me any good and cheap amplifier for these monitors?

regards
toka

YO Toka:

Nay, nay, nay, on the Alesis monitors. [Unless Alesis is a new company and have new designs.]

Yorkville passives are better than Alesis passives and cost much less.

If you don't believe me, consult with Blue Bear University.

Green Hornet :D :D :cool:

First hi, i'm quite new but i'll find my way around, i have allready met sonusman (the thread, wicked!)

About the Yorkville monitors, more people
who recommend them, and use them and can give some feedback?

I have found a dealer in the Netherlands and i am seriously considering buying.

Thanx in advance,
20hz

Boray said:
Jag har den aktiva varianten och jag tycker att de är väldigt bra. Jag valde mellan dem och Behringer Truth. Jag hade faktiskt bestämt mig för Behringer Truth, men när jag kom till affären så hade de bara demonstrationsexemplaret kvar, så då valde jag Alesis istället (de aktiva alltså). Här är en review jag skrev:
http://www.vsplanet.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=012564

Lycka till!
/Anders
Translation...
My name is Anders... I'll be talking nonsense in this post, so it's best if you ignore anything I have to say.... but if you still need proof of how little I actually know, simply read any of my other posts at this website, or the ones at VSPlanet.

20hz said:
First hi, i'm quite new but i'll find my way around, i have allready met sonusman (the thread, wicked!)

About the Yorkville monitors, more people
who recommend them, and use them and can give some feedback?

I have found a dealer in the Netherlands and i am seriously considering buying.

Thanx in advance,
20hz
The Yorkvilles are an excellent choice to start with..... both for the budget and the sound quality.

Blue Bear Sound said:
Translation...
My name is Anders... I'll be talking nonsense in this post, so it's best if you ignore anything I have to say.... but if you still need proof of how little I actually know, simply read any of my other posts at this website, or the ones at VSPlanet.

Jag vet redan att du är ett redigt kötthövve som hoppar in och säger att allt jag skriver är ren skit. Det är väldigt vänligt och hjälpfullt av dig.

Jag vet redan att du är ett redigt kötthövve som hoppar in och säger att allt jag skriver är ren skit. Det är väldigt vänligt och hjälpfullt av dig.
Translation: I'm afraid to insult Blue Bear in English, because I know a lot of people here respect him, and I don't want to give him the luxury of responding.

Or use InterTran....

Anders/Boray says something like:

"I have the assets variants and self fancy that they is almighty good. Self chose among them and Behringer Truth. Self had really certain me for Behringer Truth , but when I came to affair so had they only demonstration models, so then chose self Alesis ( they assets thus ). Here is a revise self groin : http://wwwvsplanetcom/ubb/ultimat ic &f=1&t=012564
Bliss to! Andes

Self vet already that you is one lucid kötthövve as am jumping in and says that all self am typing is clean dirt. The is almighty favourably and helpful of yourself."

I think I'm gonna use that line, if I can pronounce it. "Man, you is one lucid kötthövve!"

esactun said:

"I have the assets variants and self fancy that they is almighty good. Self chose among them and Behringer Truth. Self had really certain me for Behringer Truth , but when I came to affair so had they only demonstration models, so then chose self Alesis ( they assets thus ). Here is a revise self groin : http://wwwvsplanetcom/ubb/ultimat ic &f=1&t=012564
Bliss to! Andes
Yup... that's pretty much what I get from most of his posts!

esactun said:
Or use InterTran....

Bliss to! Andes

Self vet already that you is one lucid kötthövve as am jumping in and says that all self am typing is clean dirt. The is almighty favourably and helpful of yourself."

I think I'm gonna use that line, if I can pronounce it. "Man, you is one lucid kötthövve!"

Hehehe! Did you run that throug some sort of translation program? Ok, I will translate it myself so you can see how good of a job it did:

I have the active model and I think they are very good. I choosed between them and the Behringer Truths. I had in fact decided for the Truths, but when I came to the store, they only had the demonstration units left, so then I bought the Alesis instead (the active ones that is). Here is a review I wrote:
http://www.vsplanet.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=012564

Good luck!
/Anders

I allready know that you are a good meathead that jumps in and says that everything I write is pure shit. That is very kind and helpful of you.

Back