Active monitor comaparison help needed!

PRiZ-one

ok, my bro just ganked my computer speaks and i've been meaning to get monitors forever... Help me decide I'll tell you what I know and think... I'm doing hiphop, so some decent bass is prefered. My budget is about 1000 can, but it can be stretched up a few hundred if I feel it's worth it.

Contestants so far are The JBL LRS25p's...
-I like the price (500$ fot the pair I think) if they are as good as the rest I list. This is bassically off Sjoko2's word and what I've read on them they do seem to mayby be the best deal.
-Drawbacks, have read bass is very low...??? This is a major unatraction, I'm not sure if the bass will suit my needs.

Alesis Monitor ones MK2 active's...
-Word is their much better than the old version on the Monitor ones.
-drawback is I've only seen them for 500$ for one, 1000$ for the pair, or something araound there...if you've seen them cheaper please, tell me where, or how much?

Event 20/20bas...
All around seem to be the perfect monitors, although I've recently got advice from someone doing hiphop as I, who said the monitor ones are much better for the price, but he meant the passive, not active, where active is more expensive than these speakers, so these might be more affordable for me.

Event PS8 seem like they might be better for my budget, but it seems not much more to go with the more reccomended 20/20bas.

Last off the Tannoy reveal active studio monitors..
-I met someone with them and they sounded alright...?
Do these hole upa fight?

Thanks for reading, If there are any other monitors worth considering please suggest, I just wont something that will do a good job and that wont leave me wanting a differernt pair down the road. peace!

Also I've heard yorkvilles are good, would they do my job better, I think they might win in value, but I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Alright...

I see know one cares to waste their time on this played stuff, so here is the "NEW" deal.

The local music store chain I went to has the Tannoy Reveals active's and the Alesis M2 active's...These are both 1025 CAN which is the price I figured I'd spend. Also the Yorkvilles active for 650 a pair.

Since I'll probably have to order anything else, unless I get them from this store...what would ya'll choose?

The store guy said he'd take the Tannoy's because he knows their a more reliable company, and thinks the Alesis might not be around too long...So I'm leaning towards the Tannoy's. If you have any advice for me please let me know. If you think all of these monitors suck, tell me.

I'd like your advice, but I'm still going to go in and A/B my selection, thanks....

I prefer the Tannoy Reveals over the Alesis... hell, I prefer Auratones over any Alesis monitors. Alesis is known for a few things, but they never won any points for their monitors!

Bruce

question...

When A/B'ing monitors is it crucial to have your own music to test.
If I bring in an average album, what do I look for to tell which monitors are the ticket. Do I just grab hatsounds best, because I heard what sounds best might be worst, not sure how to go about it...some advice is needed, I'd like to cop a pair soon, thanks, peace!

Also more suggestion's on which to choose granted fo sheez.

Back