150$ Home studio with industry quality

I figure this is just another way to get people to click your link, but let's entertain it for a second.

Your post comes across as being from someone quite far up the ladder.
"Listen up, newcomers....here are some time honoured studio secrets" kinda thing.

If you happen to be just rapping over a beat that someone else made and you bought/borrowed/took/whatever, it might be worth pointing it out.
A more appropriate title in that case would be how to get professional vocal recordings for $150 dollars.
It's still gonna be tight though. ;)

Essentially what you're telling us is how to eq vocals to sit well in a pre studio recorded backing track, which is completely subjective, and different for every voice, room, mix, microphone etc.

I have worked with multiple USB mics and they all come with the same problems.. I wasnt trying to "get people to click my link" I was just trying to offer some experience for people who work with stuff like I do on a budget. And these tips, no matter who you are, or what you say, work ALWAYS for me and the people Im affiliated with.. I mean listen to the quality I engineer, it speaks for itself, Im just trying to help the TRUE, HOME RECORDIING ARTISTS... god..

NEWBIES: DO NOT TAKE ANY OF THE "ADVICE" OFFERED IN THE OP.

Pirated (or not) software aside, the whole post is rife with BAD advice from someone who has no idea what they are talking about. Plain and simple.

compare my music to A LOT of industry rap songs today, and u will hear no difference, where did you study?

how is it pirated? They were bought by friends that let me use the discs??????????
THAT is pirated. YOU don't have license for the software. BTW, Ozone is sold only by download -- there are no disks, at least none that were legally purchased.

tf???????? all u ppl do is attack anything I say...
Because your basic premise is ridiculous. I'm not a pro and even I know that. Look, I listened to some of the tracks in the mixtape in your link. I'm way too old to appreciate rap, but I thought they was good -- I liked the instrumentation in the music and your use of rhythm in both the instrumentation and the vocal. I don't know enough about rap to comment on how original or unique your sound is. You've done a good job working with the gear that you have and I respect that. With that said, however, all you've done is figured out how to compensate a bit for some of your gear's shortcomings. At least to my ears, it's not professional studio quality, and this is particularly apparent in the vocals -- YOU, as an artist, sound good, and the overall audio quality is better than what I'd normally expect from a USB mike, but its not studio quality; I'll leave it to the pros for a technical explanation as to why it's not.

fuck it ban me then
Hey, I don't want you banned.

Er, if your friends bought one software licence for those disks then let you use them without paying, that's piracy. The only way it wouldn't be is if they deleted all copies of the software from their own computers and gave you the original disks.

Er, if your friends bought one software licence for those disks then let you use them without paying, that's piracy. The only way it wouldn't be is if they deleted all copies of the software from their own computers and gave you the original disks.

thats exactly what they did I bought the software from them!

I haven't banned him, as it is not a violation of the forum rules, to use pirated software. It is a violation to promote the use of such. I have a personal issue with it, but it is not my place to judge (not in a moderator standpoint anyway).

That being said, I smelled something funny from the OP's first posts.

I'll just let you all enjoy some cocktails, while this guy burns himself out of the forum. :)

Please continue....

:eatpopcorn:

compare my music to A LOT of industry rap songs today, and u will hear no difference,
That's your opinion, and I think you might be alittle biased, and delusional
where did you study?
At the school of hard knocks. I don't have to answer to you. I didn't make any claims, you did. The burden of proof is on you, and you've already proven to be a liar and not credible.

And transferred the licenses to you....That would have been an obvious thing for you to say you did, if you actually had done that....

how is it pirated? They were bought by friends that let me use the discs?????????? tf???????? all u ppl do is attack anything I say... fuck it ban me then

I was hoping for a better reaction, but don't be a sissy. We want to know more about your excellent record skills :laughings:

I haven't banned him, as it is not a violation of the forum rules, to use pirated software. It is a violation to promote the use of such. I have a personal issue with it, but it is not my place to judge (not in a moderator standpoint anyway).

I'll just let you all enjoy some cocktails, while this guy burns himself out of the forum. :)

Please continue....

I got banned one time for saying I would rather try the software first instead of wasting hard earned money on it. So, someone owes me an "apology" LOL...

yea I know.. I try to give some pointers for the people with not much and this is what I get.. Ill just remove myself from the site.. this is stupid.. I didnt do anything to deserve such bullshit and down talk... w.e

all I did was post some shit with a certain set of VST's to improve peoples quality as no matter what you "critics" here say, is far above half of the underground mixtape quality being put out... git off my di** , if u dont like the hints, then obviously you arent an underground rapper with a USB mic because if you was, you would know that the problems and solutions aI stated would indefinately improve vocal quality, but hey, what do I know, only been doing it 10 years

Please continue....

That's kind of weird man. I've seen people get banned for just suggesting pirated software. I don't know man, something weird going on here.

suck my dick and ban me.. I didnt come here to listen to assholes who got to down everything someone says.. fuck you and fuck this site.. idgaf from here on out.. this is bullshit.. i appologized for w.e wrong I had did and now I was trying to give some pointers that help me and yall act like little worthless flies on shit.. diggin into the tiniest detail of wtf I said.. if u knew ANYTHING ABOUT HOME RECORDING.. u would KNOW that the shit I said is in fact TRUE look it up on other sites THEY GIVE SOME OF THE SAME POINTERSS>. i been doing this 10 god damn years.. I dont "guess" what will work.. I KNOW wtf will work... buncha cryin ass bitches...

You don't really need Izotope Ozone to achieve good mastering. Just grab an EQ, compressor, and a limiter (aka maximizer) added with some knowledge you can master a song.
Also, removing muddiness from vocal is done in mixing stage not mastering.

Here's your hat and coat. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Have fun on those other sites gullible enough to believe the totally incorrect bull you were spouting.

suck my dick and ban me.. I didnt come here to listen to assholes who got to down everything someone says.. fuck you and fuck this site.. idgaf from here on out.. this is bullshit.. i appologized for w.e wrong I had did and now I was trying to give some pointers that help me and yall act like little worthless flies on shit.. diggin into the tiniest detail of wtf I said.. if u knew ANYTHING ABOUT HOME RECORDING.. u would KNOW that the shit I said is in fact TRUE look it up on other sites THEY GIVE SOME OF THE SAME POINTERSS>. i been doing this 10 god damn years.. I dont "guess" what will work.. I KNOW wtf will work... buncha cryin ass bitches...
See ya. The last thing we need here is another idiot that knows nothing about recording trying to come off like the Messiah. Fuck off.

10 years, huh? WOW!. :laughings:

I got banned one time for saying I would rather try the software first instead of wasting hard earned money on it. So, someone owes me an "apology" LOL...

Sorry buddy. I was new then, and I got my ass reamed for it.

I'm still here now, with a more mellow attitude. I still banned that asshole tho.

Back