Submissions for Mix This Project

Here's a cover of a Stones tune, if anyone's interested in mixing this.

SHE'S A RAINBOW

I'm almost tempted to post the original, but if anyone wants to hear the original, I'm sure it's easy to find on Youtube or whatever..

I posted this song a month or two back for feedback. Now I'm re-posting it as a Mix This contest entry.

Company - Gene Elton Crawford Jr.

I think it'd be a good submission because the song is very short (i.e. less total time spent listening to songs during the contest), and because there's a lot of complexity to it. There are at least 17 different tracks, about half of which are doubled, giving mixers a lot of room to do interesting things with the track.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. Ever since my studio got broken into and all my stuff taken, I haven't been able to record my own stuff. I would love to mix any one of these submissions. Point me to the track download!!!

It should be up soon. We will have a place to post submissions, as well as a thread for posting mixes of the tunes.

Just use this thread for now, and we will transfer it all when it is active.

Happy mixing! :D

Thanks! I am working on finishing up a 3d animation project right now, will start mixing in about an hour. I should have something worth looking at some time tonight, or tomorrow.

I think there's more than one option ido... it's just still a bit secret squirrel whilst Jimmy and Chater co-ordinate - plus no-one wanted Rokket to get bored..

Be gentle with me Rokket! :laughings:

So is Armistice the winner of who gets mixed?

Keep in mind, this is not meant to be a contest to begin with. Actually, we just decided to use the first two submissions to start the forum. It is still being setup, so here is the first, as something for Rokket to do. Hell, I wish I had the time tonight, cuz I would like to mess around with the tracks myself.

I think there's more than one option ido... it's just still a bit secret squirrel whilst Jimmy and Chater co-ordinate - plus no-one wanted Rokket to get bored..

Be gentle with me Rokket! :laughings:
It's a great tune. All I really had to do was add some compression and eq. I am having some issues with the drum sound, but I am thinking I can overcome that. I have an initial mix, but I don't want to submit it yet...

Gonna try the direct link mp3 thingy. I had to render it to 256kbps to keep under the 10MB limit, so take that for what it's worth...

Dammit, now I want to play with the mix.

I may just throw up some tracks I have for something for you to mess with Rokket. A bit more heavy rock though...

Dammit, now I want to play with the mix.

I may just throw up some tracks I have for something for you to mess with Rokket. A bit more heavy rock though...
Heavy is good. How did that mix sound? I really didn't listen to it outside of Reaper, so I don't know how it translates on something like Windows Media. Anyway, it was nice to be able to mix something, so I am happy.

If you have something else, bring it on. My ears aren't fatigued yet.

I don't think you've quite got the drums lined up with the instruments there Rokket :).... only by about 12 1/2 bars or so. The WAVs probably don't all start at exactly the same point... you can hear the original mix up the top of the thread... shouldn't be too hard to line 'em up...

Back