Spanish style acoustic song

it seems as thought the tracks without 24b are 32bit FL 44.1kHz WAV files, that's the only difference so I downloaded the 24b versions and will be giving this track a try, I'll see how it goes.

Mix

Here is a quick mix of the song. Let me know if I am going in the right direction. :guitar:

Attachments

• Spanish Style Acoustic Song.mp3
    9.5 MB · Views: 19
FYI. This was all done with an H4N and an iMac with cubase 4le.

The drums were done with the H4n in 4 channel mode, Behringer B1 on kick, 57 on snare, onboard xy mic for OH, toms were a pair of Naiants run into a tascam 22-2(yes indeed)
steel strings were a stereo spread of an old Rode N2, and a Naint.
Nylon, shaker(salt shaker with rice), bongos and Vocals were the N2.

Cool try!

Interesting way of panning. Drums are a bit lost. cool use of verb. lacking some overall high end, and a bit muddy overall.

I might have to mix it again now lol, I used EQ on only one channel with this mix, a dip in the lead vox at around 200Hz, there is no other EQ on any other channel, so it's extremely minimal. Time for a remix

A little Dead actually... The drums are missing stereo spread, kick is gone. Maybe too much verb on the box here and there. Bass doesn't fit too well. Guitars i can't comment on cuz they were just tracked perfectly hehe

View attachment Spanish Mix.mp3

I really enjoy the song, especially the guitars. I attach my attempt, maybe you could tell me if you like this direction of the song; ignore the drums.

I have some problems with the voice. Some low frequncies bother me, and it's too harsh at some points.

Anyway, I think with the voice close up and breathing, sounds nice. I don't know about the hook, I like that it's so bright.

View attachment 86511

I really enjoy the song, especially the guitars. I attach my attempt, maybe you could tell me if you like this direction of the song; ignore the drums.

I have some problems with the voice. Some low frequncies bother me, and it's too harsh at some points.

Anyway, I think with the voice close up and breathing, sounds nice. I don't know about the hook, I like that it's so bright.

too phase, I'm not into the vocal spreading, sounds robotic.

Back