New song Love bites (discontinued)

Hi,Einar

Sorry for my late response. Firstable thank you for the compliment. Too be honoust the vocals could sound much better!! 1 if you didnt put a pitch correction on your voice they would sound better. Ilike to do that my self so i can control the vocals. 2 if you had a acoustic place it would sound also much better. And some other things but i dont what to go into that. Please this is not to criticize you but this is just honoustly what i noticed. Normally i like to put the vocal upfront. But i felt that this mix needed some space some 3d feeling.

I used some waves plug ins and i used a outgear compression. I put a limiter and a compression and a tape emulation on the master (All plugins) before i even start to mix. I would later put a picture of my studio so you can see my envirment and stuff. Sorry that i didnt take the time to make the mix sound better. Maybe a next time. And the most mixes i get are from producers wo work with recordlabels they have other recording stuff but still i say that your mix is a nice mix. Sorry if i sad something wrong to you my friend.

greetz A.Y

Hi,Einar

Sorry for my late response. Firstable thank you for the compliment. Too be honoust the vocals could sound much better!! 1 if you didnt put a pitch correction on your voice they would sound better. Ilike to do that my self so i can control the vocals. 2 if you had a acoustic place it would sound also much better. And some other things but i dont what to go into that. Please this is not to criticize you but this is just honoustly what i noticed. Normally i like to put the vocal upfront. But i felt that this mix needed some space some 3d feeling.

I used some waves plug ins and i used a outgear compression. I put a limiter and a compression and a tape emulation on the master (All plugins) before i even start to mix. I would later put a picture of my studio so you can see my envirment and stuff. Sorry that i didnt take the time to make the mix sound better. Maybe a next time. And the most mixes i get are from producers wo work with recordlabels they have other recording stuff but still i say that your mix is a nice mix. Sorry if i sad something wrong to you my friend.

greetz A.Y

Hi.

You are spot on regarding my recording situation, so Im not offended in any way. I would love to have a dedicated room for my music making.

Cheers
-einar-

Last edited:
That's a great song.

Well done. I am jealous :)

I like the vocal - would not make it wetter.

Only thing I would change on first listen is I would only have the 'slash, rhythm' chords at the end of the phrases. For example, I think they get in the way at 1.02, and would just have a couple at 1.07, in the background as you have them, and maybe shorten them by a few milliseconds.

That's a great song.

Well done. I am jealous :)

I like the vocal - would not make it wetter.

Only thing I would change on first listen is I would only have the 'slash, rhythm' chords at the end of the phrases. For example, I think they get in the way at 1.02, and would just have a couple at 1.07, in the background as you have them, and maybe shorten them by a few milliseconds.

Hi. Thanks for the review and belive me, I`m always there.... should have done that and changed that... it never ends.lol.

best
-einar-

I played around with it for a little, mixed it similar to the song Roller Coaster by Bon Jovi, reminded me of it a little. Your voice also sounds similar to someone named Maurizio Pozzi, a Swiss musician. Check him out if you have time. I only uploaded it in mp3 format so its not the highest quality. Hopefully our mixes encourage you!

Love Bites by Brenton Fernandez | Free Listening on SoundCloud

HI.

A pretty col version, thanks. I tried google Maurizio Pozzi, but couldent find anything.

Cheers
-einar-

Here's what he sounds like. I could be totally off and there be no similarities, but thats what ya get for mixing all day burning out your ears!

YouTube

I found myself singing your song a little bit. The more you listen to it, the more it grabs you! Did you ever try for a second mix?

Here's what he sounds like. I could be totally off and there be no similarities, but thats what ya get for mixing all day burning out your ears!

YouTube

I found myself singing your song a little bit(Cool :-)). The more you listen to it, the more it grabs you! Did you ever try for a second mix?

Hi.
I could easily changed voices whit him. Mine is fading away as years passing by. And yes, im going to re-record/mix the song, i think ;-) (at least look for some new production/sounds for the song)

best
-einar-

Hello! Here's my rendition - I'm new to this forum (but not to mixing :P) and would greatly appreciate feedback! This hasn't been mastered; with the mix my goal was to preserve as much of the dynamics in the original track as I could while still making it really feel like an anthem being belted out when the chorus kicked in.

View attachment Love Bites Mix 1.5.mp3

Hello! Here's my rendition - I'm new to this forum (but not to mixing :P) and would greatly appreciate feedback! This hasn't been mastered; with the mix my goal was to preserve as much of the dynamics in the original track as I could while still making it really feel like an anthem being belted out when the chorus kicked in.

View attachment 104595

Hi.

Thanks for the effort. Im re-recording this song a bit(as stated in earlier posts). Its sounded a bit to heavy on the low end. Iwas a bit considered for me low end speakers as the where "woffing" a lot during playback. I think u have the same "problem" as i have in my studio: bass cancellations.

cheers
-einar-

Back