Mix a rock song with blues theme...?

Howdy Einar. How the heck are ya?

:)

Hi.

Just fine.

Working on a new rock song I was hopeing you could do some mixing on...? :-)

ps: see now that this is a late respnose......is there a way I could get alert if someone post something on my threads...?

-einar-

Hey man,

Send over the tracks and I'll take a listen. :)

angellicrage@gmail.com

Notifications should happen by default for any thread you post in.

Check your settings. Click 'Settings' a the top right of page. Then 'General Settings' on the left panel. Then under Messaging And Notification>Default Thread Subscription Mode: Should be 'Instantly, using email.

Hi.

Great. Will try to Finnish it in a couple of days.

btw: thanks for the "how to" on notification :thumbs up:

-einar-

You have the biggest 2 problems in you tracks.
The most important Vocal track is: clipped and you used cheap condenser mic ,which has bad resonance.
YOU CAN NOT FIX (correct)THIS.
If you think about instruments,it's clear it must be tuned.
With condenser mic's it's the same,even with Neuman U67,U47,U87, ect--they goes out of tune with time.
But they have screws in the capsule to tune up again.
That's,why professionals try to use 2 or 3 the same Neumans (U47 + U47..)......
You never know wich will sound (complement) your voice.(''smooth top'' -and ''a lot of highs'' means not the same)
If You have not condenser mic complementing your voice nicely,try dynamics.....
Shure Sm7 allways kills on vocal and is always smooth on top.(its only 350 Euro).You can try also Shure SM 57,Bayerdynamic's........
Ribbon mics are smooth on top always.......................
Try any....... which is not harsh -and manage carefully your mic preamp and comp.
It does not make sense to start to mix with this vocal track and replace it later.
It's faster to start with right track from the beginning........................

You have the biggest 2 problems in you tracks.
The most important Vocal track is: clipped and you used cheap condenser mic ,which has bad resonance.
YOU CAN NOT FIX (correct)THIS.
If you think about instruments,it's clear it must be tuned.
With condenser mic's it's the same,even with Neuman U67,U47,U87, ect--they goes out of tune with time.
But they have screws in the capsule to tune up again.
That's,why professionals try to use 2 or 3 the same Neumans (U47 + U47..)......
You never know wich will sound (complement) your voice.(''smooth top'' -and ''a lot of highs'' means not the same)
If You have not condenser mic complementing your voice nicely,try dynamics.....
Shure Sm7 allways kills on vocal and is always smooth on top.(its only 350 Euro).You can try also Shure SM 57,Bayerdynamic's........
Ribbon mics are smooth on top always.......................
Try any....... which is not harsh -and manage carefully your mic preamp and comp.
It does not make sense to start to mix with this vocal track and replace it later.
It's faster to start with right track from the beginning........................

What the hell is this crap?

Seems way out of context for this thread.

Please respond to my PM.

Last edited:
hey dude. really late to this post as i have not been on this site for a long time now. but the original song was great to play with thank you for posting.

vocals sound good i like the tone of your vox. keep it up.

only had a play with it for an hour as had some spare time and wanted something new to play with for some new plugins i just downloaded.

check out the link below

Bren - Stranded Studio Swindon

Last edited:
hey dude. really late to this post as i have not been on this site for a long time now. but the original song was great to play with thank you for posting.

vocals sound good i like the tone of your vox. keep it up.

only had a play with it for an hour as had some spare time and wanted something new to play with for some new plugins i just downloaded.

check out the link below

Bren - Stranded Studio Swindon

Hi.

Thanks. There is a problem with the kick. It sounds like there is way to much low end to it. Also it sounds like the guitars lacks some bottom.
There is also a wired cutoff of voice around 0:59

-einar-

Hey man,

Send over the tracks and I'll take a listen. :)

angellicrage@gmail.com

Notifications should happen by default for any thread you post in.

Check your settings. Click 'Settings' a the top right of page. Then 'General Settings' on the left panel. Then under Messaging And Notification>Default Thread Subscription Mode: Should be 'Instantly, using email.

Hi.
Did u get my mail...?

-einar-

I see people still download the tracks for this one. Cool...

BTW iw got the song all mixed and mastered perfectly, by jimmy.

i agree .. very good mix asis. personally , i'd like to hear a bit more on the drums( fatter) but i wouldn't mess with anything else

Back