Mix this 2 tracks (Guitar + Vocal) Acoustic indie song!

hi,

here is my mix: View attachment 90291

I put the stems through my new neve 511 preamp to add some of the silk character which warmed things up a bit a helped the vocals cut through, mixed in cubase, mastered in wavelab.

let me know what you think.

Ben.

hi,

here is my mix: View attachment 90291

I put the stems through my new neve 511 preamp to add some of the silk character which warmed things up a bit a helped the vocals cut through, mixed in cubase, mastered in wavelab.

let me know what you think.

Ben.

thanks!

(+) : - i love the warm tone of it pretty balanced and not to muddy and not to bright!
- the overall song sounded great i think it was mastered well!, i can't hear any unbalanced volume or anything (i'm not really good at mastering)
- the reverb is great! not over excessive, just right

(-) : - did you put pitch correction? the vocal sounded distorted at times
- the guitar sounded a bit dull
- I didn't feel the "spark" from the mix , it was well done but there isnt just any "spark"

thanks for mixing it!

This Story (Perfekt Chaos Mix)

Here's my quick try.
Love the vocals and timbre! Excelent ;)
Anything you need just PM.

See you around.

Attachments

• This Story.mp3
    7.4 MB · Views: 39
I like where you going with that sound. Try copying that track then pan one hard left and the other hard right, add a little verb and saturation,. bam. Might be just the thing to get her to come back and give feedback!

LOL!

Yeah, I was thinking of messing with it if I have some time today. :)

Hey, here is my mix. Nothing big, I just did what I though felt right. This song is beautiful!

PS : Can I put this song in my portfolio?

- Headline

Attachments

• This Story.mp3
    7.4 MB · Views: 24
My mix. Both parts were recorded well and sounded lovely on their own. Tried not to do anything drastic.

Attachments

• This Story (Brian Miller mix).mp3
    7.4 MB · Views: 18
Back