Love Bites v. 2 (if u bored and want to mix something)

seeking

Hi.
As I stated in a earlier version/thread of this song, i have made some changes and added some tracks. I see people still downloading the first version, so i tough maybe I should put out this second version. I have also added 3 bass tracks as this was the biggest problem with the 1 version. U choose witch one of the bass tracks to use.

Thanks

-einar-
Norway

My mix: Box

Stems for v.2: Box

Nice song. Pretty well recorded. Although the cymbals were not very loud in the overheads. Would recommend playing them a bit louder.
I'm also not too sure what the original bass was. Sounded a bit like an e-bass. But I just used it as a sub and had the other bass recordings as the main bass.
The song could've used a few vocal harmonies as well, but all in all it was pretty well done.

My mix: SpoopyLink

First submission so I'm not sure if I've broken any rules, but I hope I didn't.

Sidenote: BPM is 160. Something that might be useful to add when posting a mix.

Nice song. Pretty well recorded. Although the cymbals were not very loud in the overheads. Would recommend playing them a bit louder.
I'm also not too sure what the original bass was. Sounded a bit like an e-bass. But I just used it as a sub and had the other bass recordings as the main bass.
The song could've used a few vocal harmonies as well, but all in all it was pretty well done.

My mix: SpoopyLink

First submission so I'm not sure if I've broken any rules, but I hope I didn't.

Sidenote: BPM is 160. Something that might be useful to add when posting a mix.

Hi.
Thank you for sharing. Its a nice mix and I liked it. Personally I would have given the main voice some more reverb. All a matter of taste. You are absolutely right a bout the vocal harmony. Thought I would pay some girl at airgig to lay down some harmony after the sommer holly day.

Thanks

-einar-

Hi.
Thank you for sharing. Its a nice mix and I liked it. Personally I would have given the main voice some more reverb. All a matter of taste. You are absolutely right a bout the vocal harmony. Thought I would pay some girl at airgig to lay down some harmony after the sommer holly day.

Thanks

-einar-

Listening to other mixes you are right about more reverb on the vocals. I'm just used to recording metal vocals.

If you are planning on adding female vocal harmonies. Might I suggest also making the song a bit longer and adding a slower part with female vocals. Like a rebuttal of some sort from the perspective of the girl in the song?

Listening to other mixes you are right about more reverb on the vocals. I'm just used to recording metal vocals.

If you are planning on adding female vocal harmonies. Might I suggest also making the song a bit longer and adding a slower part with female vocals. Like a rebuttal of some sort from the perspective of the girl in the song?

Hi. As this song has been under development for over a year, Im done producing it. :yawn:

Now I will see how far mixes and mastering will take it.

cheers
-einar-

Last edited:
Hi, folks!
I've spent couple of days mixing and got somethin' sounding a bit new-wavish and crispy, focusing on hi-mids but I like the sound anyway, hope you'll like it too :listeningmusic:
Cool song!

Just trying to attach the link

not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until I post a few times... :wtf:
Ok... :yawn:

Here are the mp3s of my mix and "homebrew master" (that sounds kinda heavier)

View attachment 105080

View attachment 105079

Hi.
Thank you for giving this a try. Its a crispy mix, but there is something seriously wrong with the low end. if I had played this a high volume, Im sure it would have blown my speakers, or close.
Take your mix and listen to it on your stereo or better, in your car, and you will hear what im taking about.
I have the same problem in my studio, no control of the low end :-/

But thanks anyway, and keep mixing.

best
-einar-

Hi.
Thank you for giving this a try. Its a crispy mix, but there is something seriously wrong with the low end. if I had played this a high volume, Im sure it would have blown my speakers, or close.
Take your mix and listen to it on your stereo or better, in your car, and you will hear what im taking about.
I have the same problem in my studio, no control of the low end :-/

But thanks anyway, and keep mixing.

best
-einar-

Он yeah, the low-end here slams like doom-metal :D
I'll revise the mix soon - it's very engaging.
Regards

Hi. Nice mix. Personally I would have given the voice a bit more reverb and maybe dial down the reverb on the guitar solos a bit. Also, was it a "producers" choice to leave out some of the guitars...? (ref my mix)

Anyway; thanks

cheers
-einar-

update
vocals + reverb
solo - reverb
other tweaks

+ tracks with guitars fills

yes, old rhythm guitars i like much more, so i use them.

two versions. with different sounding.

btw thanks for multitracks.

Love Bites v2 neurodrive mix v2.wav - Google Drive

alt ver Love Bites v2 neurodrive mix v2alt.wav - Google Drive

Hey bro first of all very nice song i love it.. take a listen of my mix and master i did not spent to much time on this cuz i have a few project that are waiting for me that will be paid so for this i spent like 2 hours more\less but i like a song a lot thats why i decided to play with it :D

EDITE: on first file i forget to add reverb and delay and i leave autotune at 0 retune speed so i will give u new version where i fix these problems

Attachments

• Love Bites MASTER.mp3
    7.3 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Isn't it interesting to compare all the different approaches to the same song? It reminds me a bit of when Mutt Lange did 3 versions of Shania Twain's Up album.

BTW, its a really nice song and sounds well recorded!

Isn't it interesting to compare all the different approaches to the same song? It reminds me a bit of when Mutt Lange did 3 versions of Shania Twain's Up album.

BTW, its a really nice song and sounds well recorded!

Yes, but it also make me kind of tired of the song. BTW, Thanks...

-einar-

Back