Love Bites v. 2 (if u bored and want to mix something)

There's an easy solution to that. Don't offer it up to be mixed.

Hi.
Dont misunderstand me, I love to hear others mixes. Its just that Iv been working on this song for what, 1,5 years now, and heard it a gazillions times, so..... ;-)

-einar-

My point still stands, I think.

There are a few never-ending spirals that recorders can get caught up in.

One is the spiral of options, in which you are looking for a particular sound (say, on a synth) so you audition a few. And then after a couple of hours you realise you've been doing nothing except listen to synth sounds, haven't achieved anything and have yet to make a decision.

Another spiral is the quest for unattainable perfection. In this one you keep tweaking, redoing bits, and changing stuff in a vain and ultimately futile attempt to get the ultimate ideal mix. There are times when you have to say 'enough is enough', and not pursue the path of diminishing returns.

Yes, but it also make me kind of tired of the song. BTW, Thanks...

-einar-

Hey man cool song!
Here's another mix so you can get REAL tired of it hahahaha. Had an hour and a half to kill so did a quick headphone mix.

Attachments

• Love Bites V2.0 Mix.mp3
    5.4 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
My point still stands, I think.

There are a few never-ending spirals that recorders can get caught up in.

One is the spiral of options, in which you are looking for a particular sound (say, on a synth) so you audition a few. And then after a couple of hours you realise you've been doing nothing except listen to synth sounds, haven't achieved anything and have yet to make a decision.

Another spiral is the quest for unattainable perfection. In this one you keep tweaking, redoing bits, and changing stuff in a vain and ultimately futile attempt to get the ultimate ideal mix. There are times when you have to say 'enough is enough', and not pursue the path of diminishing returns.

So true, man. Im am a stuck in that mud. I had a song, many years ago, that I totally destroyed with tweaking, tweaking and tweaking. Found the originals several years later and liked that a lot better.

-einar-

Hey, I did a mix of your song, hopefully you will like it :D View attachment 106285

Hi.
Thanks for the mix. There is something that sticks out and that is the voice. It is way to loud compare to the music, and there also something wired going on whit the voice. Is there som kind of double tracks or doubling effect on it..?

anyway, thanks.

-einar-

Hey man cool song!
Here's another mix so you can get REAL tired of it hahahaha. Had an hour and a half to kill so did a quick headphone mix.

Hi.

Its a cool mix. i think the main guitars lack some bottom end, but that`s why its hard to mix fuzz guitars, kick and base.

Exiting voice :-)

best
-einar høiland-

My effort

I don't know why I struggled with the vocals so much - they sound fine dry but I had a hard time getting them to sit right and it's 11pm here so I'm done!

Attachments

• mix.mp3
    2.8 MB · Views: 77
Good song! Thanks for posting your tracks!

I'm new to this site so I hope I'm attaching the file correctly.

Attachments

• Love Bites v2.3.mp3
    4.2 MB · Views: 39
Hi there!

Thanks for sending the tracks!

Here's my mix. This is my first post/reply so I hope the file is correctly attached.

Cheers! :D

Attachments

• Love Bites v6.mp3
    7.7 MB · Views: 9
Its a boring Sunday morning, its miserably humid outside, so I decided to play around with Love Bites a bit this morning.

This mix is bit more recessed than some of the other mixes, not nearly as much "in your face". But if nothing else, this was a fun exercise. Thanks for posting a great song, Einer!

View attachment Love Bites TR Mix.mp3

Mine Wins :D

Attachments

• Love Bites V2Mp3.mp3
    6.9 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Back