Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Love Bites v. 2 (if u bored and want to mix something)

Thanks

Love Bites v. 2 (if u bored and want to mix something)

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi.
    As I stated in a earlier version/thread of this song, i have made some changes and added some tracks. I see people still downloading the first version, so i tough maybe I should put out this second version. I have also added 3 bass tracks as this was the biggest problem with the 1 version. U choose witch one of the bass tracks to use.

Thanks

-einar-
    Norway

My mix: Box

Stems for v.2: Box

Thanks
    Nice song. Pretty well recorded. Although the cymbals were not very loud in the overheads. Would recommend playing them a bit louder.
    I'm also not too sure what the original bass was. Sounded a bit like an e-bass. But I just used it as a sub and had the other bass recordings as the main bass.
    The song could've used a few vocal harmonies as well, but all in all it was pretty well done.

My mix: SpoopyLink

First submission so I'm not sure if I've broken any rules, but I hope I didn't.

Sidenote: BPM is 160. Something that might be useful to add when posting a mix.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MissCherryBomb View Post
    Nice song. Pretty well recorded. Although the cymbals were not very loud in the overheads. Would recommend playing them a bit louder.
    I'm also not too sure what the original bass was. Sounded a bit like an e-bass. But I just used it as a sub and had the other bass recordings as the main bass.
    The song could've used a few vocal harmonies as well, but all in all it was pretty well done.

My mix: SpoopyLink

First submission so I'm not sure if I've broken any rules, but I hope I didn't.

Sidenote: BPM is 160. Something that might be useful to add when posting a mix.
    Hi.
    Thank you for sharing. Its a nice mix and I liked it. Personally I would have given the main voice some more reverb. All a matter of taste. You are absolutely right a bout the vocal harmony. Thought I would pay some girl at airgig to lay down some harmony after the sommer holly day.

Thanks

-einar-

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by seeking View Post
    Hi.
    Thank you for sharing. Its a nice mix and I liked it. Personally I would have given the main voice some more reverb. All a matter of taste. You are absolutely right a bout the vocal harmony. Thought I would pay some girl at airgig to lay down some harmony after the sommer holly day.

Thanks

-einar-
    Listening to other mixes you are right about more reverb on the vocals. I'm just used to recording metal vocals.

If you are planning on adding female vocal harmonies. Might I suggest also making the song a bit longer and adding a slower part with female vocals. Like a rebuttal of some sort from the perspective of the girl in the song?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MissCherryBomb View Post
    Listening to other mixes you are right about more reverb on the vocals. I'm just used to recording metal vocals.

If you are planning on adding female vocal harmonies. Might I suggest also making the song a bit longer and adding a slower part with female vocals. Like a rebuttal of some sort from the perspective of the girl in the song?
    Hi. As this song has been under development for over a year, Im done producing it.

Now I will see how far mixes and mastering will take it.

cheers
    -einar-
    Last edited by seeking; 07-24-2019 at 02:08.

Thanks
    Hi, folks!
    I've spent couple of days mixing and got somethin' sounding a bit new-wavish and crispy, focusing on hi-mids but I like the sound anyway, hope you'll like it too
    Cool song!

Thanks
    Just trying to attach the link

not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until I post a few times...
    Ok...

Thanks
    Here are the mp3s of my mix and "homebrew master" (that sounds kinda heavier)

Love_Bites_(mix).mp3

Love_Bites_(master).mp3

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Theralion View Post
    Here are the mp3s of my mix and "homebrew master" (that sounds kinda heavier)

Love_Bites_(mix).mp3

Love_Bites_(master).mp3
    Hi.
    Thank you for giving this a try. Its a crispy mix, but there is something seriously wrong with the low end. if I had played this a high volume, Im sure it would have blown my speakers, or close.
    Take your mix and listen to it on your stereo or better, in your car, and you will hear what im taking about.
    I have the same problem in my studio, no control of the low end :-/

But thanks anyway, and keep mixing.

best
    -einar-

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by seeking View Post
    Hi.
    Thank you for giving this a try. Its a crispy mix, but there is something seriously wrong with the low end. if I had played this a high volume, Im sure it would have blown my speakers, or close.
    Take your mix and listen to it on your stereo or better, in your car, and you will hear what im taking about.
    I have the same problem in my studio, no control of the low end :-/

But thanks anyway, and keep mixing.

best
    -einar-
    Он yeah, the low-end here slams like doom-metal
    I'll revise the mix soon - it's very engaging.
    Regards

Thread Information