Looking for tracks to practice mixing

spantini

COO of me, inc.
I'd really like to have some decent (or not) guitar/bass/drum/vocal tracks to play around with in Reaper. Most of the material in this thread is months or years old and have had their source removed. Other tracks I've seen are linked to unfamiliar sites. I've been sticking to Dropbox and SoundCloud for safety reasons.

If anyone has some raw tracks I can use for practice I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:
I dug around some more, and found lots more empty Dropboxes... BUT! .. I did come across a link to the Cambridge Music Technology web site HERE

This has a wide variety of material to practice on.

Mix on! Mix off!
pX143Op.png

The link I posted is legit. The only downside (IMO not even really a downside) is you have to give Brian your email. I don't see the downside, it's 5 songs for practice and you can even use them in your personal portfolio.

One of the online recording tutors I follow is Warren Huart he just put out an e-mail where he is having a contest for followers to mix tracks... Here's a link to the deal he has going on...might be fun and educational for you...

Here is a mix contest with real money involved. I won last year and actually got cash $$ unlike some of the other contests that never deliver the prizes.

ok, it still won't let me post links. Google XMAS MIX CONTEST.

I have stems to a song if you want, it won't let me post links though.

One of the online recording tutors I follow is Warren Huart he just put out an e-mail where he is having a contest for followers to mix tracks... Here's a link to the deal he has going on...might be fun and educational for you...

Here is a mix contest with real money involved. I won last year and actually got cash $$ unlike some of the other contests that never deliver the prizes.

Wow! Thanks for all the input, guys ?

Quite a Christmas bonanza.

'Tis the season for mix contests. Waves and HOFA both have contests in progress right now with good tracks. Google will show the way...

I went over to the Cockos' December 2017 Mix Contest REAPER CONTEST - DECEMBER 2017 (MIXING) - Cockos Incorporated Forums

I'm not submitting, just practicing.

I loaded in 21 of the available tracks and everything but the lead vocal gels very well. The lead vocal has a lot of screams that sound metallic-like, but the rest sounds great. When I clean up the screams, the rest suffers. A work in progress..:listeningmusic:

I feel like one of The Blues Brothers

I went over to the Cockos' December 2017 Mix Contest REAPER CONTEST - DECEMBER 2017 (MIXING) - Cockos Incorporated Forums

I'm not submitting, just practicing.

I loaded in 21 of the available tracks and everything but the lead vocal gels very well. The lead vocal has a lot of screams that sound metallic-like, but the rest sounds great. When I clean up the screams, the rest suffers. A work in progress..:listeningmusic:

I feel like one of The Blues Brothers

The great thing about this contest is you can ONLY use the plugs that come with Reaper!, so everyone really IS in the same boat?.
I don't enter these contests cos I'm still very deep into just playing & recording & when I'm happy with that???:facepalm: I'll move on! :drunk:

Back