Looking for songs to mix SEND ME YOUR SONGS FOR MIXING

lukostelloe

Hello there,

I'm new to mixing and really looking for all types of songs to mix. Usually I work on folk or pop music but I'm open to trying anything.

I have had some trouble finding stems on the forum as alot of them are deleted files etc, so anything would be great

Please don't hesitate to send me anything, I'm also hoping for some feedback once the projects are done :)

Which format are you willing to process? I use Cubase 10 Essentials.

I record covers and I try to be as close to the original as I can. I'm not doing anything with it, it's just a personal hobby. But my mixes do sound muddy all the time. I wondered if someone else could do more with them...

Which format are you willing to process? I use Cubase 10 Essentials.

I record covers and I try to be as close to the original as I can. I'm not doing anything with it, it's just a personal hobby. But my mixes do sound muddy all the time. I wondered if someone else could do more with them...

What instrument are you recording? If its acoustic guitar you probably have your mics in too close. You're getting a proximity effect. On stuff you already have recorded try a hipass filter cutting off the lower 60-80 and then bring up the mids a bit. I'm just a hobbyist too, but I've gotten better results lately by moving my mics back.

Back