Ever wanted to try mixing Stairway...?

About a year ago I recorded a cover of Stairway To Heaven in a very basic home studio. All the stems and tracks are available in various groupings for download on the Stairway Project website (all except the vocals). I have made both Wet and dry stems available as well a the Reaper Project file with the time base setup as a companion to the stems. The project itself is explained on the site, but I wanted to make the stems available for people who might want to practice their own mixing/mastering etc.

The Files can be found here:

Files & Downloads - The Stairway Project

The Original Project Finished Mix here for your reference:

Stairway to Heaven - The Stairway Project Feat. Michelle Payne March 2017 Master by The Stairway Project | Free Listening on SoundCloud

I'd love to hear about anyone's experience with these if you do work/play with them.

Hello!

I'm working on this now. Almost done with my first round of EQ's. Is there any way to get the vocal tracks? It just makes me sad that there aren'y any vox!

Matt

Pretty cool.
Would I attempt to mix Stairway? Probably not, but its cool nontheless.
To the op, how much of the original tracks are in your version? Yours sounds good, but a lot different.

There are no Zeppelin tracks in my version. These are all my original stems recorded in my studio. I tried to recreate as faithful to the original recording and arrangement as I could as far as instrumentation goes. There are lots of articles on the process at the website if you want more info on the project. cheers!

Wow - cool man - hope you had fun. I don't have a release for the vocal stems at this time so I can't share them until I do. I'll see what I can do.

There are no Zeppelin tracks in my version. These are all my original stems recorded in my studio. I tried to recreate as faithful to the original recording and arrangement as I could as far as instrumentation goes. There are lots of articles on the process at the website if you want more info on the project. cheers!

well done!

Back