Anyone want to remix my Jazz Fusion track?

Logichead65

Hi all.

I've posted a jazz fusion/funk track onto soundcloud site. Below is a link to my dropbox file that contains the dry stems and a link to my original mix on soundcloud. I'm interested in finding out if anyone would be interested in remixing this track? I'm not selling this track so just a bit of fun and I'd be really interested in hearing someone else's take of my tune.

Anyway thanks but please post your results here so i can hear them :)

There Is a Light (Acid Jazz) Free download in WAV Format by Alan Taylor 7 | Free Listening on SoundCloud

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ymkewihmqy41pmu/AACKB9ltJi7nywuPZHgxRp52a?dl=0

Here you go, it's my first draft:
(cannot post link, I will PM you)

Wish I could have done more with the drums, eg. snare hi-hats as seperate tracks... Otherwise nice composition!

Hi Lenni. Thanks, I've sent you a PM.
You can omit the drums and add your own drum track if you want, and add your own instrumentation.
Thanks for getting involved.
:)

Just downloaded and have it set up in Reaper and doing the first listen through. I am diggin it Brother. I will be working on it throughout the day.

OK, I rendered the same mix in an mp3 with cover art and as a wav file as well. I uses some slight compression and chorus on the vox and some light compression on the tracks that I thought needed them. I also duplicated the vox track and ran it 6dbs lower than the original with no fx. I used a master compressor and peak limiter on the master. I removed the outro tracks as well as the ping pong effect in the pic below. It was a fun project. [MENTION=197079]Logichead65[/MENTION], you did a great job putting this together! Is that you singing? MP3 ~ Wav.

View attachment 100459

Last edited:
Here you go, it's my first draft:
(cannot post link, I will PM you)

Wish I could have done more with the drums, eg. snare hi-hats as seperate tracks... Otherwise nice composition!

Hey Lenni, can you just type out the link? I would love to hear it!

Wow, thanks guys. They both sound great. I noticed you also dropped the bassline down a notch or two, sounds good though. I have another track I did recently. Its a fun version of Roy Budd's theme from the original Get Carter film starring Michael Caine. If there's interest I'll post the stems of that onto my DB account for a remix? It's a bit long at 9 minutes or so & could do with shortening or whatever anyone want's to change with it. I've posted stems on other sites but I've not been lucky enough to have people taking part. I'm a new member on this forum and it's looking good that it includes members that like to get involved. Yes that is me singing, I put it through my Micro Korg's vocoder as my voice is trash.
Once again guys thanks very much. I've put a link below to that Get Carter tune if anyone is interested in remixing it, just let me know & I'll post the dry stems, also don't hesitate to post your own stems here if you would like me to remix any of your tunes as well.
Thanks from a very rainy London town :)

Bring me the Head of Jah Carter by Alan Taylor 7 | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Last edited:
I'm game! Post away. I did forget to mentioned that I duplicated the bass track and that's why I dropped the levels. As we are all different, myself, I love hearing the bass line as long as it is not over powering.

Hiya Mack.
Sorry for the delay, been a bit busy at work. Like it mate, its back at its original run time of 10+mins. Let me remix some of your work pleeeeze :)

Hiya Mack.
Sorry for the delay, been a bit busy at work. Like it mate, its back at its original run time of 10+mins. Let me remix some of your work pleeeeze :)

I am glad you liked it. I really don't have anything to send you but thanks for the offer. I may just take you up on your offer in the near future.

Back