Any chance of improving this ?

BCF1

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this Question, but seems reasonable to me.
So............within the limits of ways to improve upon a "finished" track would anyone be willing to EQ this or whatever with the hope of improving overall sound ?

It was recorded on my old system which I still have but currently don't have access to. I'm planning to retrack guitars and other things once I do.
this was my second or third digital recording attempt 1 1/2 - 2 years ago and many if not all the choices made along the way likely show that fact.

track is downloadable here:
THE LOST by WrisTLocK | ReverbNation

I think I have a .wav file of the track on my current system that isn't compressed on the master and is of better quality then the Reverbnation link and will make available if interested. Understanding you can;t polish a turd into gold is it possible to freshen up the air and mask the stink a little?

If you're going to retrack things anyway, there's no sense messing with this mix (?).

I doubt I'd be able to do much to perfect this in its current state. I'd want to remix it.

[fwiw - it's a decent/adequate mix, just needs some adjustment to get it more polished and 'pro' sounding]

If you're going to retrack things anyway, there's no sense messing with this mix (?).

I doubt I'd be able to do much to perfect this in its current state. I'd want to remix it.

[fwiw - it's a decent/adequate mix, just needs some adjustment to get it more polished and 'pro' sounding]

Thanks Pinky, the reason I was thinking of retracking guitars was because I thought they were a little washed out. I just got the drive with this project up and running and had a quick go at a semi remix for lack of better term. I'd be stoked to hear what someone else could do with it. I'm going to get it all uploaded to google drive or similar this weekend and post up the link. If your still willing to mess with it that would be awesome !!! Thanks again !!!!!!

Here's my retweak: https://www.reverbnation.com/wristlock/song/22202769-the-lost

Send

Thanks Pinky, the reason I was thinking of retracking guitars was because I thought they were a little washed out. I just got the drive with this project up and running and had a quick go at a semi remix for lack of better term. I'd be stoked to hear what someone else could do with it. I'm going to get it all uploaded to google drive or similar this weekend and post up the link. If your still willing to mess with it that would be awesome !!! Thanks again !!!!!!

Here's my retweak: https://www.reverbnation.com/wristlock/song/22202769-the-lost

Send me the link to the trks and I'll give it a go.

... I second that,,, I'll give a go at a mix as well,,, sounds like it will be some fun for my newly remodeled, new treatment, new monitors, not yet tested studio, lol,,,
Seriously, just got it done, except for some decor, so this would be the first song mixed in it,,, be a nice challenge,,,
PM me or I'll keep an eye out in here,,

Send me the link to the trks and I'll give it a go.

... I second that,,, I'll give a go at a mix as well,,, sounds like it will be some fun for my newly remodeled, new treatment, new monitors, not yet tested studio, lol,,,
Seriously, just got it done, except for some decor, so this would be the first song mixed in it,,, be a nice challenge,,,
PM me or I'll keep an eye out in here,,

I apollogise guys I got wrapped up in something else and totally spaced this !!! I appreciate the offers and will try to get the tracks uploaded this weekend. Hope there'll still be some intrest.

Thanks Again

All good... Since your recording the guitars again, dry tracks / DI's would be cool too :D
and if the Drums are midi, the midi would be great too :D ,

no hurry :D , lol,,,

Back