31 tracks!!! MMMMMMmmmmm Mix This! Just in time by Patrick Kelley

Man, I can't help to think to myself that there is so much to do to this track that could make it really cool. Finding the time to mess with it would be fun...

yea just got to looking at this.
wow a lot of little work.
bass gtr had to reprocess. for anyone out there, split the bass track and use the left side.
this will bring it back to mono compatibility.
left side norm. rt side is inverted. nulls in mono.
gars need sweetened up and noise faded out on rhythm gtr parts.(buzzes at the end of takes)
was the wrong notes intentional in the sub bass?

will try to get this mix out this week. have to work at building a tracking room for my band.

yea just got to looking at this.
wow a lot of little work.

Feel free to not mix it if you don't want, I already have a mix of it I'm happy with, this is just for people to mess around with as are the majority of tracks in this forum.

@Drtech; Just keep in mind that this forum is not about mixing peoples tracks for them. It is for learning from others by others with others. Not a contest as to who can do the best. Only to show or learn another approach from either the one who posted tracks, or those who have mixed them. Many here do not ever get an opportunity to mix something out of their typical genre. This gives the chance to expand.

Feel free to not mix it if you don't want, I already have a mix of it I'm happy with, this is just for people to mess around with as are the majority of tracks in this forum.

Seeing the post before this one, he found his mix he likes. cool.

Just commenting on what I found when I actually got the time to set down and look at the stems.

I'll play with it with my new DAW Cuebase 7. as I recently upgraded from my 2003 version of Nuendo 3.22 and there is some whistle and bells that I can't really see useful in the metal bands.

But this track brings me back to the kaleidoscope days I mixed 7 years ago:

https://myspace.com/tonegrown/music/song/kallidascope-day-26378038-26179223

Still over compressed on the master buss, if you listen to the beginning when the whole band comes in the mix gets "smaller". Vocals also come through a little muddy, probably EQ. Try taking off all the buss compression and limiting master and otherwise and get your mix sounding good, then just kiss it with a compressor and limit the master buss to get your levels up, don't mix with a compressor and limiter on the mater unless you're constantly monitoring it.

Hi, not using compressor while mixing, just post mixing in the 'mastering' phase. Quite a steep learning curve from live mixing!! just getting used to DAW. Great getting some feedback for the mixes though! will post another attempt when I get some time!

Thanks Sam

Hi. I'm new here, i'm a total newbie, and liked the song so I thought I could give it a try.
Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

Just whipped this together... the timing is off a lot, but I don't care to fix it.
I also muted the sub bass cuz it sux...

Last edited:
Hi. I'm new here, i'm a total newbie, and liked the song so I thought I could give it a try.
Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

Nice First try!
The kick gets lost, try copying the the kick to a second track. Have one track made into a Sub bass(low pass it), and the second run a high pass on it etc.. should make the kick cut through. In addition experiment cutting the lows in the guitars and bass where it interferes with the kick.

Nice! Thanks for the constructive criticism.
I'll try that and keep experimenting and learning with this :B
:listeningmusic:

Back