"Wrong Impressions" Spaghetti Metal Master

J.M.

Good evening everyone!

I have been tweaking this master for quite some time now so I though a dedicated post on the Mastering forum was mandatory (because mixing is not mastering). I will post both the mix and my master if there is sufficient interest, because that is the only fair option for a critique of sorts. I am especially interested in the low-end portion of the mix and master (obviously). The genre is metal in general and I must state that I checked on Focals SM9s and found my "lack of bass disturbing"..but only for a db or two. I tried to remedy this in the master with low-end saturation through a J37 tape and it does "feel" better ..does it sound better though? I leave that to some more experienced ears than mine.

Lastly, I mix on Yamaha HS7s.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers
John

Attachments

• Wrong Impressions 2.8 +Sound Effects Master.mp3
    18.3 MB · Views: 22
Good evening everyone!

I checked on Focals SM9s and found my "lack of bass disturbing"..but only for a db or two. I tried to remedy this in the master with low-end saturation through a J37 tape and it does "feel" better ..does it sound better though? I leave that to some more experienced ears than mine.

Lastly, I mix on Yamaha HS7s.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers
John

I hear tons of masking going on in the mix. I never have have any thing but my kick and bass below 125hz. I can hear all sorts of stuff down there not to mention how loaded you are at 250hz and up. All areas the bass needs to shine. You simply can't have a mix that crowded on so many frequencies in my opinion.

Back