When you finish mastering.

I dunno about that place.... $1.60/ea no matter what? No price breaks? Pretty much guaranteed they are CDRs.
Kinda cool for short-run stuff I guess. Maybe a little worrisome that it is all automated--no humans to double check your screwups.

Anyone ever try CDman?

puddytay said:
I've used cdcentric.com in the past. It's 999.99 for 1,000 pressed cds...
Their strange though.... Each time they request a second copy of your material saying there was an error in the original copy. They did it with my friends cd also.
HEY! There's an endorsement if I ever heard one!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

puddytay said:
I've used cdcentric.com in the past. It's 999.99 for 1,000 pressed cds...
Their strange though.... Each time they request a second copy of your material saying there was an error in the original copy. They did it with my friends cd also.
I belevie you are talking about the artwork here?
We had problems getting the artwork right for the printers. You ahve to use their templates and do it exaclty as they state, with 2mm bleed around each page.

Eck

Note to people sending in stuff to be pressed.

Ideally you should send them your master CD. Hopefully they won't have a problem with it. The goal is not to send them what the package should look like. You send them the graphic design stuff (or in some cases have them design it) separately. And in the case of Kunaki, they seem to want you to use their software.

As for those whole battle... is there really going to be that great of a quality difference between pressed CDs and CDrs? By quality I'm talking physical, because there is no audible difference.

It's more of an attitude thing on the part of retailers. Because CD-R's have had a spotty past in terms of compatibility, retailers (who are long on negative memories and slow to change) generally do not accept CD-R's. Nor do many distributors. Also, there is an attitude that CD- R's, because of their availibility to the general public, are "amateur" material and somehow represent less than a professional product, regardless of the sound quality. Remeber, with the ability to record, produce, and distribute a CD from home now easily available, these larger companies must do something to maintian the "premium" allure of their product.

Back