Saving mastered files to audio depot....how??

JCW

DP-24SD

I mixed and mastered my first songs today. I want to get these "finished" songs to my PC, and that appears to go through the Audio Depot. I have three questions on this:

1) Where are the saved mixed and/or mastered files initially stored? (I see a "Save" feature for Mixdown, but there is nothing after the Mastering step finishes. Should there be a save option or is it automatic?)

2) How do you get a mastered file into the Audio Depot? I see the files in the "Song" list just like they appeared before the mixing and mastering. But, the Audio Depot is empty.

2) How is the best way to get the files to my PC...use the Audio Depot, or pull the SD card and use a reader...is that even an option?

Thanks for your help! It is greatly appreciated!

JCW

A quick Google over to Tascam (what a SILLY site!) shows the Mtracker has a USB 2.0 "File Transfer" facility so I would assume you plug into a PC/mac and it shows as a mass storage device (as say a camera would) ...Bishy-boshy?

Now, "Hai know northing Mr Fawltey" but I would not pull the SD card unless you check the procedure? I bet there is one to protect the data as you should do with the bigger USB thumb drives.

Dave.

The saved master tracks are in the Music folder. You’ll see them as wav files. There will be individual track files as well as a stereo master wav file. As for saving a master....once you are in the mastering mode .........not mix down........and you press record then stop the recording......you have created a new master that overwrites the previous one. You can pull them out of the Music folder via usb connection or moving the sd card to your pc.

To move just the 2 track master you can either swap the sd card or move it via usb. To move the individual tracks of a song however.......you’ll need to move them to the audio depot folder first.

My apology for being general here. I’m not near my unit and am going by memory only.

The audio depot is where you move your individual song instrument tracks and you need to “export” to do that. Look up exporting tracks in your manual.

The saved master tracks are in the Music folder. You’ll see them as wav files. There will be individual track files as well as a stereo master wav file. As for saving a master....once you are in the mastering mode .........not mix down........and you press record then stop the recording......you have created a new master that overwrites the previous one. You can pull them out of the Music folder via usb connection or moving the sd card to your pc.

To move just the 2 track master you can either swap the sd card or move it via usb. To move the individual tracks of a song however.......you’ll need to move them to the audio depot folder first.

My apology for being general here. I’m not near my unit and am going by memory only.

The audio depot is where you move your individual song instrument tracks and you need to “export” to do that. Look up exporting tracks in your manual.

Thanks for the replies!!! I found the individual tracks in the Depot, but I cannot find the "Music" folder with the 2 track mastered files. I assume I will have to plug it up to the computer to see the "Music" folder (displayed on the computer screen). And FYI, I can take out and reinstall the SD card, as long as the unit is turned off both times. Hopefully, this is resolve my issue. I've got the finished tracks. I just need to get them to a PC. Thanks again!

Got it guys! THANKS!!!! FYI, You have to connect to the PC to view the "Music folder" and the 2 track master file (on the PC screen). The manual talks a lot about "tracks", but it says nothing about how to transfer mastered 2 track songs. THANKS AGAIN!

Back