Raise Individual Instraments Volume

jazzbass12

I have a video of a band I recorded that I am trying to fix the audio using Izotope Ozone. I am trying to get the guitar a little louder. It is being slightly overwhelmed by harmonic and drums.
I’m not expecting miracles, I just want to try and tweak a bit.
Any tips?

Can't tell unless we can hear it? With a mix, you are pretty well restricted to EQ, so we can assess the success with a quick listen, but it will also of course change the character of the guitar sound?

As [MENTION=178786]rob aylestone[/MENTION] says, EQ is probably the first tool to try.

But, this is one of the few places I'd say multiband compression might be able to do some things, or dynamic EQ, if your version of Ozone has that. You'll have a learning curve, and make sure to level match your changes and get everything bounced out at the same level, and create lots of alternatives (or whatever your DAW calls it) so you can try different tweaks and compare/a/b[/c/d] the bounced results.

10 Tips for Mastering if You're Not a Mastering Engineer

I have a video of a band I recorded that I am trying to fix the audio using Izotope Ozone. I am trying to get the guitar a little louder. It is being slightly overwhelmed by harmonic and drums.
I’m not expecting miracles, I just want to try and tweak a bit.
Any tips?

Did you record the audio separately with mikes on each instrument?
Or did you use the video recorders mike.

how can a harmonica overwhelm the guitar?
or where are those harmonics coming from? did you overload the input audio to the camera??

move the drums to the back and the guitar to the front and do another take to get it better.

if you know the guitar freqs you could eq them up some.
but if the other stuff is sharing that space you got nothing.

I would look at Mid/side processing with eq and compression. Find the guitar freqs, send them out wide to the sides, compress a bit and turn them up a bit.

Back