Please Help ,I Need a Pro Tools 10 MASTERING TEMPLATE

Dinerokid

Hello i want to start Learning Mastering im Reading Books and reading tutorials and watching Youtube Videos.im a Big Waves Plugins Fan and Would Like if someone
Upload One of Ya Mastering Template With Waves Plugins or Pro tools Default Plugins.
Thank You Very Much.

Almost all of them for mixing ,but do you have a mastering template or can you create one for me with the waves plugins and upload please

Wow, you bought the whole bundle before knowing what you want to use? What a waste of money. 3 or 4 of them are worthy IMO. Lately I am not even sure those are worth the money.

And you use 140 plugins? What the hell for?

Hello i want to start Learning Mastering im Reading Books and reading tutorials and watching Youtube Videos.im a Big Waves Plugins Fan and Would Like if someone
Upload One of Ya Mastering Template With Waves Plugins or Pro tools Default Plugins.
Thank You Very Much.
The only template you really want to start with is "flat"
Only because there is no way a plug would know ahead of time what you're feeding it.

Mastering is about learning to develop your critical listening skills and trusting what you hear and do. It's hands on and takes time. gl

The only template you really want to start with is "flat"
Only because there is no way a plug would know ahead of time what you're feeding it.

Mastering is about learning to develop your critical listening skills and trusting what you hear and do. It's hands on and takes time. gl

Absolutely accurate^^.

Yes i understand what you trying to tell me about mastering and i undertstand it takes time and lots of learning ,but i want to do home mastering .
I just want some Mastering templates to guide me and i could learn to create my own templates.
Thats why am asking for pro tools template file.

I want to learn how the mastering chain is done by different people ,and what plugins some of you use

That is the point man, there is no template for mastering. You use what any particular product needs. That may be eq or compression or..., but even then those will never be the same for any project.

Forget the whole template thing altogether.

You got the Waves stuff right? Maybe API2500 and L2. Again, not even possible to say when or why without hearing the project.

I want to learn how the mastering chain is done by different people ,and what plugins some of you use

I do it differently every time. Each project requires a custom setup depending on the style, the way it's mixed and what the client wants. I have my favorite plugins, but other than the Renaissance eq I don't use much from Waves. I wouldn't even be using that if I still had access to the Massenburg Hi-Res Parametric EQ. I guess sometimes I use the C4 multiband, but only when I have to.

SECRET TO MASTERING:

1) Listen objectively.

2) Do what the mixes are telling you to do.

3) Coffee.

Most people in this situation seem to have a bit problem with (1). And they've usually already did (2) while mixing, which makes (1) that much more difficult.

But in any case, there is no template... I suppose one could argue for a signal-flow template (I made one here -- It drives a signal out of the "pitching" DA through the chain and back to the "catching" AD and the output of that input drives a signal to the main monitoring DA), but that's about it...

Thank you very much Guys for the great replys and help .i guess what i was thinking is use one Mastering Template for everything as i was thinking inside the box since all i do is rap music.
But since i been reading the replys/comments and helpful hints and ideas Most of you make me
Open my eyes and think outise the box.
I guess its true different type os music demands different type of templates and plugin chain and effects and all.THANK YOU for making me realize this

I guess its true different type of music demands different type of templates and plugin chain and effects and all.THANK YOU for making me realize this
You almost have it, ..but it's best to forget the idea of "any" templates at all.. and none would be genre or even song specific. One basic eq starting in the flat position and a limiter is a good place to start.

Listen to the song and learn to use and adjust the eq to shape the sound to how you want to hear it and how it will translate best. Wide bells and not much gain or attenuation at all is most of what you should need, and if the song is mixed well you won't need hardly any or no eq.

Doing it in the same room that the song was mixed in and under not great monitoring conditions puts you at a disadvantage from the get go, .. but you have to start somewhere. This forces you to check in a lot of different systems to make sure that your translation is good and then go back and adjust things accordingly, so it can become a crap shoot. A full range tuned system can help take away the guess work, but even then you have to know which knobs to turn.

Thank you very much Guys for the great replys and help .i guess what i was thinking is use one Mastering Template for everything as i was thinking inside the box since all i do is rap music.
But since i been reading the replys/comments and helpful hints and ideas Most of you make me
Open my eyes and think outise the box.
I guess its true different type os music demands different type of templates and plugin chain and effects and all.THANK YOU for making me realize this

Excellent. I love replies like this. You came here with pre-conceived ideas and expected certain answers. But you didn't shut down or flip out when you got answers you weren't expecting. Very cool. You can't imagine how many wig out on us when they don't get the advice they were expecting.

I hope you stick around and be sure to share your music with us once you get going.

Ask a ton of questions; there are some very knowledgeable people here.

Back