Thread: Ozone 8 mastering assistant

Thanks

Ozone 8 mastering assistant

Sign in to disable this ad
    I got ozone 8 on discount recently and it has a mastering AI thatíll listen to your track and suggest settings. And holy crap the AI is embarrassingly better than I am at getting a decent master. It makes some weird decisions sometimes but itís brilliant at taming mud, which is the hardest thing for me to manage. Wonder if anyoneís played with this at all.

Thereís also a neutron plugin that does something similar with mixes, which I have not even tried yet, partly because Iím afraid to hear a computer get a better mix in two minutes than I could manage in two hours. :P

Thanks
    I have Version 7 which is probably slightly different. To my ears it tends to want to make everything overly bright on some program material, but I haven't used it a lot..though I think it's at least good for giving ideas if I'm having brain fog on a track that I cant get to sit right. I was thinkin of upgrading to 8 just to have some of the inter-track abilities that 7 doesn't have.
    Win 7 Ult Dell i7 4core 6700ghz 32 GB, 1,2x2, 4 Tb Barracuda HD's running Pro tools 2018 through Allen&Heath Qu-32

Thanks
    I have several Iztope products. I also bought 8 on sale. I tried mastering my songs by myself. Oz8 gives me the ability to get my songs all about the same. I do tweak then to my ear. I will admit I know very little about the features of the plugins but as I use them more I learn.

Thanks
    I’ll put up a before/after example in case someone’s interested. It’s pretty dramatic.

Thanks
    I recently upgraded from Ozone 5 to 8, included with one of their Suite products. I've pretty much replaced the EQ in my templates with Neutron 2 because I really like the Masking feature, and i'll use the Dynamic EQ in Ozone on the mix/stereo bus, but I still like Logic's compressors because I'm used to them.

I use Ozone 8's limiter and dithering, and sometimes the exciter (not in that order) if I'm doing pseudo-mastering.

I think their videos are pretty good, though very tilted at their products, of course.

I love RX. Jeez, what a tool. Wish I could justify the Pro or whatever "best" version is, but the standard that was included is so slick for cleaning up live track noises, and most with negligible impact/artifacts. Not saying you can fix anything, and the standard is missing a couple that I hit often enough - that odd cell phone bzork or paper rustling, supposedly that have specific tools for those... $$$
    "... I know in the mornin' that it's gonna be good
    when I stick out my elbows and they don't bump wood." - Bill Kirchen

6. The Following User Says Thank You to keith.rogers For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Yeah I'm really starting to appreciate the dynamic EQ myself. The assistant usually puts a band of it on the low mids, which is part of how it clears up the mud.

Here's before and after mastering assistant for a track I'm working on.

Before: it ain't human before.mp3

After: it ain't human after.mp3

Thread Information