Mastering: The DIY Guide

HA HA HA HA HA you'll have to settle for reason 4 then KC :D

:cool:

two root canals as well..then he sells you mouthwash at $30 a pop and microchips that release anti biotics in your gums...

I mean is dentistry big business in the US? lol

and whats this brushing he kept going on about? :D <=====not my teeth

The September/October issue of Tape Op magazine has a hilarious back page dedicated to both Mastering engineers and Mix Engineers.
A very funny read!!! :D
If they had it online, I would post a link...but they don't digitize their articles. :(

Anyway...this thread is going exactly as expected. I saw the Sticky this morning as soon as it was posted...and I had a feeling it wasn't going to pass unnoticed for too long without getting the Home Recording Forum scrutiny it deserved! :laughings:

two root canals as well..then he sells you mouthwash at $30 a pop and microchips that release anti biotics in your gums...

I mean is dentistry big business in the US? lol

and whats this brushing he kept going on about? :D <=====not my teeth

IDK let's talk to EZ about that one. :confused:

The September/October issue of Tape Op magazine has a hilarious back page dedicated to both Mastering engineers and Mix Engineers.
A very funny read!!! :D
If they had it online, I would post a link...but they don't digitize their articles. :(

Anyway...this thread is going exactly as expected. I saw the Sticky this morning as soon as it was posted...and I had a feeling it wasn't going to pass unnoticed for too long without getting the Home Recording Forum scrutiny it deserved! :laughings:

and dentists lol

:D <=====not my teeth
Here ya go, KC, just for you:
smiley_bad_teeth.jpg

And don't jump the gun; there's those of us who did NOT say that mastering always had to be done by a pro . Sure it can be done DIY. But not the way this guy is thinking. It can be a bogus article without the general idea being bogus.

G.

everybody....stay cool
smiley_bad_teeth.jpg

How many homerecorders does it take to replace a light bulb?

Five. Four to reminisce about how much better the old tube light bulbs were, and one to actually do it.

dude did you miss the ;)

and you can master your own stuff...of course you can, yes theres an investment but then the softwares yours...
Like I said, this is the root of the problem. Mastering has very, very little to do with $2000 software. Mastering has almost everything to do with speakers and room treatment costing tens of thousands of dollars on the low end.

It's like saying "yes, there is an investment when you learn to play guitar, but then the pic and 1/4 inch cable are yours". It kind of misses the biggest part, and the only part that matters.

Like I said, this is the root of the problem. Mastering has very, very little to do with $2000 software. Mastering has almost everything to do with speakers and room treatment costing tens of thousands of dollars on the low end.

It's like saying "yes, there is an investment when you learn to play guitar, but then the pic and 1/4 inch cable are yours". It kind of misses the biggest part, and the only part that matters.

no its to get all your songs to have continuity in an album as far as I'm concerned

I get tired of all the rules of what you can and cannot do, of what you need or dont need, dont dare mix without a treated room, dont dare master without $3000 monitors and a black cape

I believe as much of it as my dentists micro chips anti biotics...

know what you are listening for, know how to fix problems you hear..and brush your bloody teeth twice a day

that'll do me
smiley_bad_teeth.jpg

None. They're all too busy asking others if the current light bulb seems bright enough to them because they can't seem to tell by themselves.

;)

G.

ah..i see what you did there ;)

What is the difference between a "homerecorder pro" and a chimpanzee?
It's scientifically proven that chimpanzees are able to communicate with humans.

:D

seriously..that was a joke

ah..i see what you did there ;)

What is the difference between a "homerecorder pro" and a chimpanzee?
It's scientifically proven that chimpanzees are able to communicate with humans.

:D

seriously..that was a joke

It's funny cuz it's true.

miroslav;3528777[B said:
]The September/October issue of Tape Op magazine has a hilarious back page dedicated to both Mastering engineers and Mix Engineers.
A very funny read!!! :D[/B]

My fav was Dear Mastering Engineer, I'm sorry that I was ..... unable to attend the mastering session. :laughings:
That whole -check all that apply was great.

I think this thread will hit an all time high with page/post counts.
Better plan on not getting any sleep and seeing what the people in OZ have to say when they get here in a few hours. ..... lets see triple espresso should do the trick.

everybody....stay cool
smiley_bad_teeth.jpg

How many homerecorders does it take to replace a light bulb?

Five. Four to reminisce about how much better the old tube light bulbs were, and one to actually do it.

Whoa Whoa .... say that again I've got to write this stuff down! genius pure genius! :D

Back