Mastering in Cubase

Yayyy :D Yeah, all this stuff was confusing to me (and I'd guess EVERYONE! lol) when I was starting out too :)

Actually I'd like to retract this statement and issue a new one--sometimes I am working with Cubase and 2 years later I still think "Now....what does this button do?"

lol :D

Hi ecktronic, thanks for replying,
I'm locked on to the thought that, because these plug-ins can be abled/disabled at the flick of a switch, that the instant the track is moved elsewhere, that version reverts back to its unmastered state.
Please tell me it's all in my mind. :confused:

Cheers.
Kj
Yes you are right. When you add a plug-in it does not effect the wave file until you either freeze the track or export the track. Even when doing these 2, you tend to save the file with a different name, so the original file is not effected at all.
When editing also the original track is not effected even though it looks like it is in the edit screen.

G

Actually I'd like to retract this statement and issue a new one--sometimes I am working with Cubase and 2 years later I still think "Now....what does this button do?"

lol :D

Yes, guitaristic,
Unfortunately, when you get to my age, it's probably more like 2 weeks later ;)

Cheers!
Kj

Yes, guitaristic,
Unfortunately, when you get to my age, it's probably more like 2 weeks later ;)

Cheers!
Kj

I usually go 2 days before I have a new question. 2 hour sometimes. For myself, the thing about learning this stuff, was that once the initial freak out of figuring out how to get gear setup, things slowly start to take less time to understand. Then the 'Time Warp' and quantization stuff sets in. Then those other 'buttons' look at you smiling in a sinister way. The fear to screw something up by pressing them makes it hard to learn.

Save/backup/save/save......and backup and save. That is what made it easier to learn. Keep a backup of what you already have before trying something new. You can always go back. As long as you save, save, save.........

Yes you are right. When you add a plug-in it does not effect the wave file until you either freeze the track or export the track. Even when doing these 2, you tend to save the file with a different name, so the original file is not effected at all.
When editing also the original track is not effected even though it looks like it is in the edit screen.
G

Thanks for that ecktronic,
I'd recently mastered a couple of tracks and had actually gone through the process of 'export and audio mixdown' but not really knowing why. Seems it had been the right thing to do.
Cheers.
Kj

jimmys69 said:
I usually go 2 days before I have a new question. 2 hour sometimes. For myself, the thing about learning this stuff, was that once the initial freak out of figuring out how to get gear setup, things slowly start to take less time to understand. Then the 'Time Warp' and quantization stuff sets in. Then those other 'buttons' look at you smiling in a sinister way. The fear to screw something up by pressing them makes it hard to learn.Save/backup/save/save......and backup and save. That is what made it easier to learn. Keep a backup of what you already have before trying something new. You can always go back. As long as you save, save, save.........

Oh lord! :facepalm:

Back