Loudness meter help

I seem to recall that I came across some metering software a while back where you loaded the audio file, it analysed it and gave you integrated and other loudness readings WITHOUT having to play through the whole track. But I cannot for the life of me remember who does it or what it was called. HELP!

In Reaper there is a Loudness extension where you click onto a WAV and it will give you a whole pile of statistics about it.

What standard do you guys use when measuring LUFS Integrated Loudness and LUFS maximum momentary loudness? I've heard the Integrated Loudness standard is -23LUFS for broadcast. I know the standard is different for streaming and for distribution. I'm mostly wondering about streaming......but I do plan to put together an album for distribution. I need a goal to shoot for.......so I can then use my ears to make small adjustments to the collection.

I have a question on this topic. My CD wav files come in very hot for Youtube, iTunes etc. If I back off the maximizer limiter this obviously lowers the volume, and the penalty numbers come in closer, but it changes the nice compressed sound I like. The other choice is to lower the overall output of the track down from -0.1db to say -5.0db and leave the track compressed. This also lowers the Youube, iTunes penalty numbers. How do you know where to go ? Do you pick a happy medium ? Is there a standard for the output of the track ? -1.0 db -2.0db ?

I have a question on this topic. My CD wav files come in very hot for Youtube, iTunes etc. If I back off the maximizer limiter this obviously lowers the volume, and the penalty numbers come in closer, but it changes the nice compressed sound I like. The other choice is to lower the overall output of the track down from -0.1db to say -5.0db and leave the track compressed. This also lowers the Youube, iTunes penalty numbers. How do you know where to go ? Do you pick a happy medium ? Is there a standard for the output of the track ? -1.0 db -2.0db ?

If you like the compressed sound but need a lower LUFS value, just lower the level of the song after the limiting. Having a lower peak level shouldn't cause any problems.

Back