Level Master Adjustment for IDIOTS (me)

Snowman999

I AM an idiot, and I wrote a thread that folks were nice enough to comment on. I tried and failed miserably. Then I got an idea and it WORKED.

I downloaded a free DAW AUDACITY for my windows 7 computer. I then downloaded for free LOUDMAX.

This is not the greatest video. But, he does explain the sliders properly.

It works BEAUTIFULLY.

Not familiar with that plug-in, but it appears to be a master limiter. Like any compressor used for master limiting, you need to be careful not to squash the mix (unless that's what you want).

Not familiar with that plug-in, but it appears to be a master limiter. Like any compressor used for master limiting, you need to be careful not to squash the mix (unless that's what you want).

That's why I added that video. It's not the greatest. But, it gives some explanation on that. I raised each song up in volume without killing the mix. I could even go a step or two further. I'm doing it trial and error. -9 on my songs is a tad too much. You can hear it pushing things that shouldn't be pushed. I kept it at - 3 to - 6 and it raised the volume considerably. Where I had to raise the volume from 25 (normal CDs) to 30 for mine. I now have to go from 25 to 26/27. So, I'm close. It's just a remarkable tool that's almost stupid proof. You need no talent to work it. That's great for people like me.

Back