iZotope Ozone 5

PDP

There once was a note
I just upgraded from Ozone 4 to Ozone 5.

For DIY mastering this program is excellent.

They added a new limiter thats even better than the one in 4 (which had a good reputation).
The Harmonics section is 10 times better. (its actually usable in small amounts)
The multiband is much cleaner. (I dont use multiband, but at least this one is clear if you need it)
Added new EQ's are very clean.

Overall this a great plug-in for 200 bucks. :D

yeah been looking at that, I dont have 4 but $199 looks great value for what you get....pity you cant use them as separate components as in the advanced version

not sure I need it for mastering (what mastering) but as a channel strip e doo da...yup me like :D

I have been using Ozone 4 in Waveburner for over a year. It works great. I would expect Ozone 5 to also work in Waveburner as a plug-in as it does now.

I have been using Ozone 4 in Waveburner for over a year. It works great. I would expect Ozone 5 to also work in Waveburner as a plug-in as it does now.

Thank you CW!!!!

I assumed you could because you can use all of Logic's plugin's in waveburner... and its just another "plugin"

I just installed Ozone 5 Advanced. One of the reasons I got the advanced is that it allows you to insert separate Onoze plug-ins (i.e. Equalizer) into each track. The problem is that if I set up all the parameters in let's say the equalizer, if I leave my DAW (Sonar X3) and then come back to it, the settings are all gone. If I "add" a custom preset for those settings and save the Sonar file, when I reopen it the settings are not there. If I call up my preset, then the settings reappear. Obviously I can't keep calling up the presets each time I open up Sonar. With the regular Ozone 5 master module, if I save a custom preset, that works fine when I close/reopen the DAW. If I make a change to the settings and click on "Update", it will remember the settings. Does not work with the separate modules as track plug-ins though. Anybody seen this? Workaround? Something I not doing correctly?

Back