Home "mastered" track

killthepixelnow

Do it right or dont do it
Hello guys, some time ago I posted some of my "mastered" tracks here and you gave me some tips to improve it. This is a small excerpt of what I have right now. When I A/B my final file against a commercial tune from the same genre I can notice that mine is quieter. At the same time, I also acknowledge that this is a difficult thing to achieve with my humble acknowledges and gear. Anyway, does anybody here have any thoughts/comments on this excerpt?

Thanks in advance!

PS: I can upload the original [.aiff] file if you want.

Aside from some playing issues, it sounds a tad muddy to me. I don't listen to this genre often, but from what I recall songs tend to have a bit more clarity. Maybe adding some high-mids will both increase clarity and make it appear louder?

I have a hard time trusting anything with SoundCloud... A 320kbps Fraunhoffer or LAME MP3 would be spectacularly better to make judgements with. That said, absolutely -- There's something either really weird or just plain really not there in the upper mids & top end.

Not that most of this genre (IMO/E) doesn't usually have far too much in the upper mids & top (which is actually what most of my DM/HC clients comment on). But in this case (and again, it could just be SoundCloud's issue), there's a bit of a deficit going on.

I converted the original [.aiff] to a 320kbps [.mp3] file. You can find the audio attached. I agree with Seafroggys about the clarity, in some way I find the result a bit "dark," not the "bright" sound I'm looking for.

Do you reckon is there something weird on the mix?

Attachments

• infection-wish_you_were_dead_again.mp3
    7.1 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Back