Help with Mastering

Jimmy2002

Hey there, i have just finshed the mix of some songs that im wanting to put on a demo and i have been doing my home and came to the conculsion that its time to master them. I mixes sound pritty good already but iwant to give them that extra umph!!!

Form doing a bit of research i have a few ideas of what to do and what sound i want to get to have no idea of what software(s) i need. Im currently using pro tools 5.0 on a mac G4 but will hopefully will be upgrading to pro tools 6.4 in the next few days can any one give me any pointers on what software or plugins i should be looking at getting

Many Thanks Jimmy

You'll need some sort of stereo EQ, I'm assuming. A two-channel compressor, possibly a Multiband comp, as well as a peak limiter.

And there's literally thousands of different plugins you can use for that, so I would recommend using demo versions of as many as you can get a hold of, and purchase the one(s) that have the featurs you need, sound good, and that are most intuitive for you.

I would give the Waves mastering bundle a demo. The L2 is a pretty common ingredient in most mastering studios (hardware or software) and the EQs are pretty good.

Back