Glitching Sound On My Track Only When Played Through A phone

BIGBABYSWELL

i recently finished mixing two tracks in logic pro x and i bounced them out to a .wav 24bit and then uploaded them to Landr to be mastered. i know, i know, "not the best way to master" but anyways. Once everything was mastered i sent the finished files to my phone and my friends phone. After giving it a listen we both noticed that at the start of the song it glitches and makes a weird sound but when we scrub back to figure out what the glitchy sound was its gone... it only happens when we open the files for the first time on the phones. i went back to the computer and played it through my laptop speakers and..NOTHING! the glitch only happens when played/streamed through phone. im very confused. this is a first for me if anyone could please help me or point me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it!
:confused:

Sounds like a simple giving too much output level to a site that does the MP3 conversion. It happens. Even uploading mastered wav files to Soundcloud can have hiccups if the level is too much.

And who listens on their phone? Ugh... I suppose many. Been having those issues way too often lately...

i recently finished mixing two tracks in logic pro x and i bounced them out to a .wav 24bit and then uploaded them to Landr to be mastered. i know, i know, "not the best way to master" but anyways. Once everything was mastered i sent the finished files to my phone and my friends phone. After giving it a listen we both noticed that at the start of the song it glitches and makes a weird sound but when we scrub back to figure out what the glitchy sound was its gone... it only happens when we open the files for the first time on the phones. i went back to the computer and played it through my laptop speakers and..NOTHING! the glitch only happens when played/streamed through phone. im very confused. this is a first for me if anyone could please help me or point me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it!
:confused:

did you play the same file back on the pc after mastering that the phone is using?

no problem on pc then the problem is your phones

And who listens on their phone? Ugh... I suppose many.
Yeah, many do :D This is modern times. Convenience trumps quality.
On road trips, I don't bring CDs anymore just plug the phone into the car stereo and stream Spotify.
Oustide of all that, a phone is an excellent device for sending audio files. Beats the hell out of the old days of making a cassette putting it in a box and mailing it. ;)
Now people can 'instantly' hear crappy songs and not have to wait.
:D

Yeah, many do :D This is modern times. Convenience trumps quality.
On road trips, I don't bring CDs anymore just plug the phone into the car stereo and stream Spotify.
Oustide of all that, a phone is an excellent device for sending audio files. Beats the hell out of the old days of making a cassette putting it in a box and mailing it. ;)
Now people can 'instantly' hear crappy songs and not have to wait.
:D

HA!

Yeah, it seems the way lately. I often get responses like 'I can't download a zip file from Wetransfer on my phone. Can you send individual wav files to my email so I can import to my phone"?

Well only if your email can handle a wav file size. MP3 then?

It still $25 an hour so I suppose it just annoys me...

Back