Distortion between 100Hz & 300Hz occurring on some speakers with my tracks, why?

Hi Jimmy,

Yeah the KRK 8's are great for low frequencies, sounds really clean on there. Why can't everyone have them eh? ;) The kicks are hitting around 100Hz I think, with some sub in there as well. I don't have a sub no, they're the 8's so I can get good low end anyway and I have neighbours who get mad already at 20% monitoring volume so I don't need them to file a complaint xD Haha yeah I know what you mean :D Thank you for your feedback, it is very much appreciated!

Looks like from the Drumformer pic that there is quite a bit below 100. Can't tell with that popup thing in the way tho. Looks like and sounds like there is a bunch going on in the sub region.

And not everyone should have the KRK's because they are lying big bastards! Had a pair. Learned my lesson after years of trying to mix with them. They do work but it did make for a struggle.

Seems they went for the market of home recording guys that wanted strong bass without doing room acoustic treatments and on a budget.

Just keep on listening on other systems until you get a grip on what they are/not telling you. They still work, you just may need to do a bunch of the back and forth until you get used to them. Happens with all monitors. Just takes time to 'learn' them.

Cheers dude!

Hi ecc,

I mean it's definitely in tune, and I think it sounds quite nice to add atmosphere, I used a synth bass & an 808 in there at different points. Thanks for your comments about the melody :) I'll turn them both down a bit, I was just trying to get it on par with other tracks, the 808 especially seems a touch too loud thinking about it, my room fools me though, it's a small room with big speakers so :/

Haha glad your speakers are serving you well ;P

Thank you for your response & feedback :)

No, the K92s are headphones but the morrow I shall play the track on my Tannoy 5As at the 'calibrated' 85dBC, don't want to frighten the hedgehogs tonight!

Dave.

Hi, Dude.

There are too loud low frequencies, down to 15Hz! You have to look not only to the waveform in one cycle, but also the envelope! Listening by various systems is useful because you can know if your recording will sound good everywhere or, like in this case, someone will hear a not good sound.
You have to cut the low end and lower its level, because it is covering everything else. You could cut at 40Hz and lower about 8dB under 200Hz.

You can see that the LF end is dominating everything.

My Tannoys were fine at 90dBC SPL + measured at my seat approx. 1mtr from each speaker. 'Twern't nice mind.

I actually didn't catch the absolute peak which hit 0dBFS!

Dave.

Attachments

• bassss.png
    bassss.png
    252.4 KB · Views: 17
Back