Bob Ludwig picture of headphones

CoolCat

A long time ago I wondered about headphone amps because the room sucks so so bad.
Then stumbled through reading of the "crossfeed" stuff plugins to make headphone listening simulated to both speakers arriving at both ears etc..

Then up'd to the open back headphones and DT880 Beyer and others Senn HD open backs...in general Open Back headphones to remove the closed back pounding bass...

Went to searching for headphone gear of Bob Ludwig and found one picture that appears to be Sennheiser HD6xx?
More recent articles he mentions liking the Audeze LCD-X Reference (nekoaudio) $1199... ok lets say $1200 :p

Anyone used these LCD-X or compared to the HD600 series?

what color of shirt do you wear when Mastering and Editing does that matter? What brand of shirt does that matter?

Attachments

• Bob Ludwig setup.png
    Bob Ludwig setup.png
    616 KB · Views: 86
Don't use headphones all that much, and I wear T-shirts mostly when in the studio, and the color depends on my mood when I get up and pick one from the dresser...though I do like the older worn out ones the most...they add a vintage flavor to my mixes.

ha..

$1200 headphones at that

I spent the morning reading Bob articles and interviews..wow what a career.
He did the Springsteen NEBRASKA mastering that took me into a bunch of other storys...what a amazing story for that "low fi" success, but almost shockingly crappy gear he used? hard to believe it even happened.

Back