the better master?

scopus

hey guys i had this track mastered by 2 different engineers, cant decide which is better version. "1" is mixed little more bass heavy than "2".I dont have the ears or monitoring to decide which is best , what you think?
cheers

Attachments

• 1.mp3
    20.9 MB · Views: 28
  • 2.mp3
    20.9 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:
First off, both are WAY down in level. With the quiet fade on the beginning, I thought maybe there was something wrong. Both masters could easily be boosted by 12-13dB or so without any issues.

As far as the mix, I think I prefer 2. The bass on 1 seems to be a bit heavy handed, unless you like pumping the subwoofers a lot. I think Mix 1 was a touch more compressed, or maybe it was just the bass overwhelming the other stuff. Mix 2's balance was better to me.

Oh yeah, forgot to add that I like the track a lot. Reminds me a bit of some of the old Isao Tomita stuff.

First off, both are WAY down in level. With the quiet fade on the beginning, I thought maybe there was something wrong. Both masters could easily be boosted by 12-13dB or so without any issues.

As far as the mix, I think I prefer 2. The bass on 1 seems to be a bit heavy handed, unless you like pumping the subwoofers a lot. I think Mix 1 was a touch more compressed, or maybe it was just the bass overwhelming the other stuff. Mix 2's balance was better to me.

Oh yeah, forgot to add that I like the track a lot. Reminds me a bit of some of the old Isao Tomita stuff.

thanks so much, "2" it is!
was thinking that bass is likely too much on 1, which i think came out like that cause my monitoring needs work, about the level just realized exported those mp3's too low by mistake
cheers

Last edited:
Back