Acid Pro BPM problem!

flatsond

Hey guys, I'm hitting a wall and was wondering of any of you could be of any help?

I'm mastering an album from home and everything seems to be going great so far. It's lo-fi bedroom music, so mastering isn't too much of a task. Just making sure all the songs are the same volume, light compression, minor EQ tweeks, and having them blend into one another.

Halfway through the album, I realize that a couple of my songs are mixed at different BPM. This means, obviously, that while the songs mixed down at the same BPM as my master project is set to sound fine, the ones that aren't sound completely out of whack. I really hope that made sense.

How do I get around this problem? It's been rattling my brain for a week now and I'm coming up on my deadline :(

Any help at would be greatly appreciated.

Halfway through the album, I realize that a couple of my songs are mixed at different BPM. This means, obviously, that while the songs mixed down at the same BPM as my master project is set to sound fine, the ones that aren't sound completely out of whack. I really hope that made sense.

How do I get around this problem? It's been rattling my brain for a week now and I'm coming up on my deadline :(
You have a couple of options. First, you canr split them out to separate project files. While it may be convenient, there's really no solid reason why you *have* to master them together in one project file. At least not in Acid Pro.

Or, even better, export them as WAV files and master the WAVs as regular audio files instead of un-rendered loops. Then the tempo of the songs will be irrelevant, and you'll actually be mastering at least a little more like a real mastering house.

BTW, lo-fi bedroom music on a deadline? :rolleyes: ;)

G.

Thanks for the input guys! Sorry it took so long for me to get back to this, I sort of lost hope after a week of no replies and assumed the thread had died. I'm happy to announce that I found a quick and effective solution...

Select the track
View -> Clip Properties
Stretch -> Enter correct tempo

htt p://i56.tinypic.com/2ppl9np .jpg
(copy and paste the URL without the spaces)

I guess I'm not allowed to post URLs to other sites while still being a total n00b. Anyway, it's as easy as that.

Back