Youtube audio quality

ido1957

9K Gold Member
....is so bad it's hard to describe. Sort of a cross between razor blades and draino on your ears. Somebody needs to work on that... It doesn't help using a webcam with a microphone that has a diaphram the size of the head of a pin.

I've heard some good audio on YouTube. I think the difference might be whether you watch in 480 v. 360 mode; 480 being much better. Not sure if that is the difference, though.

It also helps what audio type you have. If your converting your mp3s at 128, your sure to get really crap sound as it will be compressed yet again once youtube gets there hands on it. Convert at the highest rate possible. Also watch how you compress the video.

MP3/you tube noob question here. I just noticed the 'Expansion tab. It increased the screen size (but not to full screen), but it also seems to run a brightening of the audio. Reminds me of that 'SRS expansion or something.

Yeah, as long as you're in at least 480p it should be somewhat decent, again depending on what rate it was compressed at. However, HD (720p-1080p) is really where it's at. Too bad it's not available on all videos.

Yeah the audio compression definitely changes between 360/480/720..

even if it's one of those lousy slideshow videos, always opt for highest resolution.

Back