What do you hate & why

Well, I got more people listening to my music in this thread than in my threads actually promoting my music.

I know some of you are trying to set a nerve with me, but don't worry, I hate most music on the Internet anyway, probably yours as well, so its no biggie. :D

So in effect, I win this round.

*sigh* I hate the misconceptions the majority of people have over record labels, popular music, etc. That's what I hate.

Record labels are banks with media connections. Bands are small business startups. Record contracts are overly-complicated loans. The end.

Well, I got more people listening to my music in this thread than in my threads actually promoting my music.

I know some of you are trying to set a nerve with me, but don't worry, I hate most music on the Internet anyway, probably yours as well, so its no biggie. :D

So in effect, I win this round.

Yeah, I just checked it out to see the hype for myself. It is not something I would pop in for fun. If I was kicking back, throwing some meat on the grill and having a few beers. That would be the last thing I would listen to :laughings:

If I on acid it would probably give me a bad trip :D

*sigh* I hate the misconceptions the majority of people have over record labels, popular music, etc. That's what I hate.

Record labels are banks with media connections. Bands are small business startups. Record contracts are overly-complicated loans. The end.

That's an interesting metaphor. I think I like it. However, the question is, what are the interest rates on these loans?

If you get a small-business loan where you're paying double-digit percentage payments from your income without making any headway on the principal, your bank has screwed you pretty badly. The impression I get is that record labels are pretty bad about making the terms of the loan not so friendly for their "clients."

Also, Seafroggys, I'm not entirely sure everyone hating each others' music makes anyone a winner around here. :D

Yeah I was just playing with the trolls. I didn't actually mean that :P So apologies to Steve and Grim for that.

Hey, if people don't like my music, not my problem. I just got more people to listen to it just in this thread (when I didn't perpetrate it at all) then all my active attempts on these forums combined. Which is cool. And to be fair, worth it.

So again, to the haters, thank you! :)

I hate it that the Boeing 727-2XX was retired by every major airline that flew them.

I spent about a 1/10 of my life on that airliner, well plus or minus :p, thought I'd fly it for a living after college, didn't, and still flew on it after that.

The gas crunch, inflation, and 09SEP01 killed this airplane. Not necessarily in that order.

My Lufthansa 727-230:

LOWI0006.jpg

Conspiracy? Every one is the entertainment industry is in on it. nepotism.

In the future, it will no longer be profitable or legal to allow anyone to distribute music not specific to national interest.

In all honesty, those who sell their music online are as guilty as the record industry. Those that give thier music (good or not) away 4 free are heros.

wow, God forbid a musician/songwriter be able to support, and feed himself, huh?

YOU ARE SUCH A TOOL :D

I checked out your douchey music and no will be turning loose any change for that S:laughings::laughings::laughings::laughings:.......

I agree that recording music costs money but most people assume the expense of their hobbies themselves. The public will not and should not pay for you to make douchey tunes. Grow a pair and just accept that it is fun to record but don't go on pretending that it is profitable in your case.

:rolleyes:

Meanwhile, where is your music for everyone to judge?

Last edited:
Yeah I was just playing with the trolls. I didn't actually mean that :P So apologies to Steve and Grim for that.

Hey, if people don't like my music, not my problem. I just got more people to listen to it just in this thread (when I didn't perpetrate it at all) then all my active attempts on these forums combined. Which is cool. And to be fair, worth it.

So again, to the haters, thank you! :)

Keep in mind, some people love to love the things they love, other people just love to hate the things they hate. It usually comes from the insecurity created from realizing their own shortcomings. It's how Howard Stern became so big. More of his listeners listened because they loved hating him.

Keep rockin'. Music should be self expression. A good song isn't good because it was created to make money. A good song is good because it's an honest self expression. Good, bad, or indifferent......be who you are.

Also, I found it odd that two people commented on the fact that everybody hating each other's music isn't good for anyone only AFTER you replied to your attackers, while they said nothing of the attacks on you.:confused::rolleyes:

Meanwhile....I have now heard your tunes, but not one song from those that bash you. Bad publicity is better than no publicity. Let the assholes roll off your back. They are nobody.

BTW...There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with making money. Only unmotivated people without any, and no chance, or ambition enough to ever make any, believe there is. Music can be honest, and profitable (or at least somewhat self supportive). One does not have to defeat the other.

Not to mention...over the years, I have hundreds of thousands of dollars invested in the tools needed to write, and produce my music, plus all the time (way too much to measure). Anybody that believes it's evil to try to recover that is naive. A great song writer "hero" that dies of starvation is a better way?

Anybody that believes being a poor musician is better than being a rich one is a fool.

If money isn't important, feel free to send me yours.

Ace: "Sure I understand integrity, but it's nice to be able to pay the bills, too".

Last edited:
:rolleyes:

Meanwhile, where is your music for everyone to judge?
If you will take note, soundcrapper and jeffy were both banned...they are one and the same person..but I have no doubt of thier comeback..as crapsound or fluffy...or something like that.

Also, I found it odd that two people commented on the fact that everybody hating each other's music isn't good for anyone only AFTER you replied to your attackers, while they said nothing of the attacks on you.:confused::rolleyes:
Well, speaking personally, when I responded to Steve's point about not hating others' music, it was with regard to the 'split person' who was having a pop at Seafroggy's songs, not froggy himself. I was placing myself in Froggy's camp when I took the time out to listen to a track of his a number of times and gave what I thought was a positive comment on it.
Personally, I hate it when people slag off one another's songs coz they're in an internet dispute with one another or don't like a point someone has made.

And I was responding to SF saying something like "I probably hate your music too...so I win."

Besides have you listened to his OtS? That rhythm guitarist is a hack! Ruined the whole production. :D

cantthinkofaname: I LOVE B movies! They're so awesome!

Actually, that does relate back to how I tend to consume music. When you see a B movie, you and your (probably drunk) friends can heckle it and try to make funny cracks the whole time. It's an interactive experience that I tend to find far more fun than watching a big-budget film in silence.
The same goes with music. I usually enjoy seeing small bands in small venues a lot more than major-label bands. With small venues, you can get close to and interact with the band. It's more likely that they're not playing "just another show" to a huge, faceless audience; they're playing the music that they love and interacting with a small crowd.

I think that success in the music industry or any other area of the entertainment industry is just a job. It just happens to be their job. All of us have had our moment of success in one way or another-theirs just happens to have bigger numbers. My opinion is Harrison Ford is just doing his job, just like I have to do mine-all in all, I have the utmost respect for someone who can stand behind a cash register all day-I couldn't do it-bet Harrison Ford couldn't do it either.

I've always been kind of torn on this. On the one hand I believe that record labels are businesses like any other. They are merely supplying a demand. Somebody out there is buying thier product otherwise they wouldn't be in business. I don't necessarily support thier business practices but they make their decisions based on the demand. However, on the other hand, it could be argued that they, in fact, create that demand.

I remember in the late 80's early 90's when MTV was pretty much the gatekeeper for music that was deamed "popular." If your video wasn't played on MTV well you weren't going anywhere. The band Depeche Mode for example had a respectful following in Europe a cult following in the states but were virtually obscure everywhere else. They had a blow out concert at the LA Arena in 1988 that caught the attention of MTV execs. Then, videos for three songs on thier next album ("Personal Jesus, Enjoy the Silence, and "Policy of Truth") were played over and over again on MTV. Suddenly, they were stars. Did they change much about themselves to get there? No not really. They were pretty much the same band they were since A Broken Frame when I started listening to them.

What also plays into all of this is something they teach cops at police academies and that is the fact that most people are sheep. "They just want to go on playing the lotto and eating hamburgers." They almost need to be told, or programed if you will, to believe what is cool and what isn't. That's why we have musicians who have no more talent then a good part of what you hear on Broadjam but who are stars. Their songs are played over and over again on the radio. Even satellite radio. Unfortunately, the media creates heros.

We musicians are passionate about what we do. We refuse to be sheep. At least when it comes to music. I've always been passionate about music. I'm in my late 30's and I still listen to music I listened to when I was a teenager because it's still good music. I keep in touch with some of my friends from high school and I'm finding that they listen to entirely different artists then they did when they were teenagers. They look back on those days and ask themselves, "why the hell was I listening to that crap?" I'm beginning to think that it may have been because they were programed.

I'm not sure.

Back