Wanted: Songs for Radio

hongteck

I was asked to do a half hour radio show on national radio here in Singapore. The topic will be on home recording. Besides discussions I will have to spin some songs. So I'm looking for songs that will represent the quality of work done in an average bedroom studio.

Anyone has links to your songs to download and don't mind having them played on national radio ? This may not do much to publicized your work but hey its for the fun of it or just for the sake of it.

Very cool gig. You must be The Man when it comes to recording in Singapore. This sounds like a job for the HomeRecording.Comp CD project.

I've got an instrumental MP3 posted in the Mixing Clinic here, it's been a while so you might have to search for the thread. If you download it and feel like playing it, go right ahead. Only thing I ask is you tell me if you decide to use it, so I can put "songs have gained National radio airplay" in my resume. LOL. :)

Jon X, thanks for the song. I'll look for it when I'm free (or could you give me the link again?). BTW, I'm hardly THE MAN in recording here, I just have a SM57 and a $30 N-Tracks on a Celeron machine. Learned all I know from this forum and before you know it, someone comes up to you and asked you to do a radio show ... phesss btw, this is Singapore.
My own work may not be good enough so that's why I'm asking ! Sorry I haven't been paying attention but when is the Homerecording.com CD coming out ? How can I get hold of a copy ?

Dobro, all I know is that the title of the show is 'On The Fringe'. I think its 98.7 Believe it or not, I don't even listen to that station myself. Its a 10-15 part series in a weekday slot. I haven't find out when and what time yet..

[This message has been edited by hongteck (edited 03-08-2000).]

hongteck:

Check-out some of the mp3s in the MP3 Mixing Clinic Forum as well as those I've posted in there, if you don't mind, and see what you think listeners will like. Then just e-mail the person for verbal permission. I'm sure no one will care if their work is copywritten.

hongteck...

Well, all of my music is recorded in a bedroom (that I refer to as either an office or studio depending on what I'm doing :) Feel free: www.mp3.com/slacker

And I'm sure that nobody would object to having their music played on the radio, regardless of where it is. As RecEng says, just email 'em for permission first!

Slackmaster 2000

Sounds interesting, even if it's not for promotional purposes. Find me at www.mp3.com/dondello .

Hey, maybe you can broadcast the URL of the songs that make it? :) Lots of people in Singapore... Lots of.. Impressionable youth..

Dondello, imagining he's Cheap Trick

Blue Northern - nah, *we're* here and *you're* over there.

Hongteck - can you get the program details (what day/time)? I'd like to hear it.

Hi Hongteck,

I don't know if my stuff is good enough but all of it was recorded in my tiny bedroom and it's fun music I think.
www.idrive.com

type in "Tucci" in the visit an idrive box. I have three mp3s there and you are welcome to use any of them. If you do,let me know so that I can brag about my songs being on the radio.

Have fun,

Tucci

I play in a band from Austin Tx. All our recording is done on four-tracks, at home.
At our site (www.hugmusic.com) there's new mp3's each week.
Feel free to use them for your radio show.
Jack

Thanks guys. The songs have been good stuff so far. Anyway recording for show will be in May/June, so I still have time to listen to more. I'll go with the idea of checking out the MP3 Mixing Clinic regularly from now onwards. Anyway thanks again for the help

Dobro, I'll let you know the details once I hear from the station.

Thanks, Hongteck. Maybe we should go for a Tiger some time before you get all famous. :)

Thanks, Hongteck. Maybe we should go for a Tiger some time before you get all famous. :)

Hello,
I'm a newbie here. I'm not a newbie on the main topic though.
I may be a little late, but I have some MP3's of my own work at http://home.wmis.net/~twoblues
They will offer some examples of what not to do(lol).
Some are recorded analog to digital and some are recorded digital (I don't have a complete studio yet)
Hope this helps.

Back